Space Hulk day June 5th Tsu

Please post details of any events, tournaments or big games you are planning here.
ashmie
Wargod

Space Hulk day June 5th Tsu

Post by ashmie » Mon May 17, 2010 9:17 am

Come to Tsu on June 5th for a day of Space Hulk.

We will be playing 3 missions in the morning and 3 in the afternoon.

It's a fairly quiet event this time as there are just 4 of us so far. We have 3 sets of the game so room for at least two more. It will run at Centre Palace. If coming from the station please take a bus to Mie Kaikan. We are on the 2nd floor this time. It takes around 5 minutes.

It will run from 10am until 8pm.

Any questions please leave comments here or send pm.

Ash
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Miggy Smallz

Re: Space Hulk day June 5th Tsu

Post by Miggy Smallz » Mon May 17, 2010 4:44 pm

This might be a really, really stupid question, but do you need to know Warhammer rules in order to play?
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue May 18, 2010 1:29 am

Miggy Smallz wrote:This might be a really, really stupid question, but do you need to know Warhammer rules in order to play?
Space Hulk is a different game (though based on the same background). The rules are unique to that game I believe.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue May 18, 2010 9:39 am

yeah, space hulk is a stand alone board game set in the 40k universe. absolutely dead simple to play - you can learn in 5 mins. bloody impossible to master, though, and very fun. The new edition has fantastic minis, too.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri May 21, 2010 2:51 pm

I was not at work on that day I would be there man
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

kaz
Rookie

Post by kaz » Mon May 31, 2010 1:48 am

Tsu is close to my hometown.
I want to be there very much.
But at 5th June I have no time.
Sorry for that.
If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:44 pm

Seriously, this was one of the best days of (non-rpg) gaming I've had!
Props to Ash for arranging it, turn out was low (4 of us), but we covered so many games with so much variety and had a blast. We all managed at least one or more games of :-
Space Hulk, Geister, Guillotine, Drakon, Wings of War, LOTR MoM.
Everybody felt Drakon especially to be a revelation. I picked it up the day before on a whim and it was difficult to stop playing. Clever, simple, and as mean as you want to make it.
All the above are recommended though if you haven't come across them.
As for me, I'm definitely going to think seriously about picking up more of the kind of stuff recommended on boardgamegeek.com.. and I think I will be throwing a bit more cash in fantasy flights direction. These new games opened my eyes a bit to what else is out there.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:32 am

glad to hear everyone had a good time.

@lovejoy - gomen about the email - it's hard to tell who folks really are on these blinkin forums. And you look nothing like Ian McShane in real life... :lol:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:55 am

Glad you liked it Lovejoy... as a role-player turned War-gamer my self I would say that the only road I feel ashamed of is the card gaming stretch I had for about 4 years what a waste of time and money.. not that I hate card games of card gamers its just that the rules changed so much from year to year...
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:02 pm

It was a good 'un, hopefully there will be another get together in a couple of months that wont clash so much.
Ash'll probably get on here sometime and comment as well, but we doesn't get at the interweb so easily at the moment.

@mij
Well, sometimes I wished I *did* look like Lovejoy..who could resist his gypsyish charms after all? I think it was the Daily Mail who said that "men want to be him, women want to be with him". Never a truer word.

@Badrukk
I've never played trading card games, it seems a bit dangerously addictive to me (like GW isn't ho ho). We did play a great card game called guillotine, but its a little self contained filler game based on the french revolution.. terrific fun!
Link here if anyone is curious - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/116/guillotine
I think gaming wise there's a kind of sliding scale of acceptability..I feel strongly that LARPing is at one end, and is a terribly, terribly dark valley to enter. There's no dignity in that direction. Even when I was 16 and crazy for everything related to gaming, I couldn't bring myself to do it.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Return to “Events in Japan”