Hammercide 40k Event in February

Please post details of any events, tournaments or big games you are planning here.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Hammercide 40k Event in February

Post by Primarch » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:00 am

Koji is right.
Main rule book, P.67, paragraph 2.
You can only attempt to use a psychic power once per turn, unless Eldar have an exception to that rule. I haven't read the Eldar dex in much detail.
IMHO, I don't see the need for a house rule on rerolls as sometimes it makes them worse (fortune) and sometimes it makes them better (doom), so it doesn't achieve anything except adding more bloat to an already overly complex set of rules.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:41 am

I'd like to come, but I seriously doubt I'll have enough points painted by then. I'll see how I'm going by late Jan before committing...
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:33 am

I think the -2 on rerol saves is in there because on the tourney scene people are having issues with players who manipulate rules to create overpowered deathstar units with 2++/2++ saves, rendering the pretty much impossible to kill and incidentally boring as all hell to play against. Quite how one constructs such a unit I don't know, but I'm sure the internet would be happy to tell you. I think PV has been reading forums and is just covering his TO ass in terms of closing loopholes. This works if everyone is trying to build such units, but could hamper enjoyment if folks are just playing for fun.

Just my two yen, but I reckon any attempt to cheese-proof the ruleset by adding rules is doomed to failure. The only way to do it is to leave it to the players' own sense of fair play. Still, I salute ya for trying, PV. Best of luck with the tourney. (FYI I can't attend because my entire army is FW (corsairs) and it's also unpainted. *edit* And I'm working that day. Gomen ne :( )
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:09 am

If it is only the screamerstar that is the problem, why not ban the wargear that makes it possible. Far easier to do without having any effect on other armies.
As players are submitting lists before the event, obvious deathstar units can be vetoed before they ever reach the table, without resorting to house rules that have an impact across the entire game.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:57 am

YellowStreak wrote:I'd like to come, but I seriously doubt I'll have enough points painted by then. I'll see how I'm going by late Jan before committing...
頑張て!
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:44 pm

Sorry, I was confused what you were asking Koji. It's the same as the Rulebook for casting psychic powers. You can only cast one power per turn. At the very beginning of the turn, you cast any movement powers etc. if you want to cast any shooting powers, they must be done in the shooting phase of the models card when it is drawn. So for example, you cast fortune at the beginning of the turn and then when the unit the Farseer is in goes, the Farseer casts say psychic shriek.

@prim. Yes, it makes using the ork and DA power shields difficult. But I don't think you will hear to many complaints about that since most people hate it when my armored column rolls through town with that shield. It is a bit unfair. I did in fact play one game using these rules with the DA power field. It did indeed make it more fair in my opinion. As you say, forewarned is forearmed.

@ yellow streak. I have four armies for people to use. Which army do you use? It's sisters of battle is it not. I do not have a painted models only rule even though it is nice if they are painted. If a new player comes, they are on their back foot due to lack of experience already, it's a kick in the balls to award a vp for painted models on top of that. Maybe next time.

@MIJ. Doesn't matter if your army is painted. I'd rather have someone come with an unpaired army then not come at all. Yes, it makes for nice pics and what not but not everyone can spend the hours to paint up their armies. I am sorry that I put that no forge world in their but most of the local joes don't use IA or FW and sort of feel cheated at times when my wraithseer dominates a game. So, this time I'm saying no but it doesn't stop you from making an Eldar list to bring and use the models as something. I have some fire dragons mounted on cold ones I use as silver spears. Go right ahead. As long as you make it know each turn what they are to the opponent, I'm cool with it.

The reason I didn't just want to ban one piece of wargear is because then it looks like favouritism towards some armies. This way it affects everyone in the same manner. And while I'd love to leave it up to players to not power game or spam, as blade put it,there is always some mofo trying to skate uphill. And I have done my best to play test these rules limits as well and had no problem with them. They definitely make the game more fair. And they barely limit the armies you can take. You can still take a flyer, a transport and a big mc. Just not two of each. And in the end, it is for one day. And this is not the throne of champions tourney. Lol. It's a mini campaign tournament for people to come enjoy the 40k hobby with other players. My tournament is really all another the fun. It's a great scenario with lots of twists and turns.

@koji. I almost forgot. Yes, if people can please do so, please get me your army list ASAP and send the fee as well. If you want to know why, people love to say, I'll be there and you book a room and buy prizes, then only 4 show up because the wife throws a fit the night before and so forth. They say sorry I can't make it but that doesn't cover the expenses. So yes, it is non refundable unless of course the tournament doesn't happen. Then of course you get your money back. If you need it in writing, I'd be happy to give it to you.

I already have one staff helping me out for the day and perhaps another. Plus the local gw is stocking the event with terrain to use and a table with all the goods to buy or just look at.
The one, the only.

Putting foot to butt all over the universe.

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:49 pm

I forgot. If anyone needs an army, I have five. I have 4300 pts of each of these, Tau, Eldar, Space marines, Chaos space marines and Chaos Daemons. Just got in three more broadsides today!
The one, the only.

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:57 pm

for the Bank info for the transfer, please contact me.
The one, the only.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:37 pm

PV, I have a question. How are transports worked out in this system? Will they function as a separate unit and separate action be needed to dismount/mount? Also if a transport has moved previously in a turn, will the unit inside be held to all the movement restrictions (no assaulting/moving out of vehicles without assault ramps)?

Also, could I just try depositing the money directly into the account via a Post Office ATM? Bank transfers usually take a fee.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi job. Any way you want to deposit it is ok.

If there is a unit within a transport, there is only one card for it. It moves and then the unit inside can come out etc as per the normal rules. Then the next round a seperate card is put in for the unit as well and they are separate.
The one, the only.

Return to “Events in Japan”