Hammercide 40k Event in February

Please post details of any events, tournaments or big games you are planning here.
Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Hammercide 40k Event in February

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:11 am

HAMMERCIDE 2

FEBRUARY 16TH, 2014 10am-8pm WARHAMMER 40K CAMPAIGN EVENT

本町プラザ 〒510-0084 Mie-ken,Yokkaichi-shi, Honmachi, 9-8 http://goo.gl/maps/a8A7W

2 SIDES, GOOD AND EVIL. 1750 POINT ARMIES

MISSIONS WILL BE DONE USING THE BATTLE MISSIONS CODEX.

2 VICTORY POINTS FOR A WIN 1 VICTORY POINT FOR A DRAW

2 VICTORY POINTS FOR 3 ADJOINING TABLES 1 VICTORY POINT FOR 3 DIAGONAL ADJOINING TABLES

1 VICTORY POINT FOR SECRET OBJECTIVES HELD

NO ALLIES, 30K, DATA SLATES, FORTIFICATIONS, FORGE WORLD RULES, STRONGHOLD CODEX, ESCALATION CODEX, OR LORDS OF WAR ALLOWED. IF YOU ARE UNCLEAR ABOUT SOMETHING, ASK BEFORE THE EVENT TO RULE OUT NOT BEING ALLOWED TO USE IT

ONLY 1, 5+ WOUNDS MODEL ALLOWED / ONLY 1 FLYER PER ARMY / 2 DEDICATED TRANSPORTS ONLY

SHOULD ANY SAVE BE RE-ROLLED, IT IS AT A -2 TO THAT SAVE NEEDED, THUS A RE-ROLLABLE SPACE MARINES ARMOR IS +3/+5

NEW TURN SEQUENCE; ONE PLAYER RANDOMLY DOES ALL THE ACTIONS FOR ONE UNIT THEN THE OTHER PLAYER DOES THE SAME UNTIL ALL UNITS ARE DONE.

PYSKER POWERS ARE CAST IN THE MOVEMENT PHASE ARE DONE BEFORE ANY UNITS DO ANY ACTIONS. THE ARMY WITH THE INITIATIVE DOES THEIRS FIRST. WITCHFIRE, ETC ARE DONE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE PHASES SUCH AS SHOOTING FOR WITCHFIRE WHEN IT IS THAT MODELS TURN TO DO SO.

CLOSE COMBAT IS DONE ONCE A UNIT MOVES INTO COMBAT. SHOULD THE COMBATANTS BECOME LOCKED IN COMBAT AND ANOTHER UNIT MOVES INTO THE FRAY, THEN A SECOND ROUND OF COMBAT IS CONCLUDED BY ALL COMBATANTS BUT AFTER ALL OTHER UNITS HAVE SHOT AND MOVED

PRIZES FOR MOST INDIVIDUAL VICTORY POINTS FOR 1ST, 2ND

PRIZES FOR MOST TEAM VICTORY POINTS FOR 1ST

Individual 1ST PRIZE “LORD OF WAR” 40k miniature Team 1st Prize “Selection of miniatures”

Individual 2ND PRIZE “SELECTION OF UNIT BOX SETS” Gifts for all players

3000 YEN PER PERSON IN ADVANCE PAYABLE VIA BANK TRANSFER OR PAYPAL

ARMIES HAVE TO BE SUBMITTED BEFORE FEBRUARY

FOR ANY INFORMATION, PLEASE EMAIL Khaine at Khainesmith@hotmail.com OR Hollywooddiablo@yahoo.com

Bank info for the transfer. Please let me know the name it will be under as well. Thanks!
Last edited by Primarch_Vanguard on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
The one, the only.

Putting foot to butt all over the universe.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Hammercide 40k Event in February

Post by job » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:32 am

This looks really cool. I'll see about scheduling it in.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:13 am

@PV - How random are we talking with regards to the unit activation? Will we have any choice at all which units get activated when? That's the only house rule I can't see a reason behind. (Well besides your irrational hatred of triple Rhino lists. :D)

Will you be taking part yourself?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:17 pm

@job. Really hope you can make it. The more the merrier. Already 6 confirmed players.

@prim. I love rhinos and how even after popping smoke it only intermingles with the smoke of the burning wreck that once housed your troops.

And as with my last event, I will only play if there are an odd number of players and then in just a role that allows the other player to have a points score for that game. While I would love to take part in this event because of the scenario I have built, it is not fair in my opinion to play in ones own tournament or event unless absolutely necessary.

Also, I'm sure I will be far too busy running around checking everything is going smoothly for all the players and that everyone is having a good time. And that all the secret parts of the scenario are in motion. There will be one other person taking care of the Japanese players while I focus on the foreign ones, as well as the Japanese players. I get just as much enjoyment out of watching the game and seeing the narrative unfold as I do in actually gaming. My main goal is to provide a fun event for everyone by offering great rewards and surprises.

I hope everyone can make it to enjoy a day of gaming.

Also, I will be offering my floor space to those that want to come up on Saturday night but these spaces will go to anyone coming from way up North or down south first. They have to pay a lot for travel expenses and I'd like to keep the price down for them. If there is any space left over, I will immediately post it.
The one, the only.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:34 pm

As for my other question, how much control will we have over which units get to move? Badruck mentioned something about playing cards? If you take away control of the army from the player, what is the trade off? How do you handle attached ICs and units in transports. How do you handle units which have an effect on the units around them, e.g. IG Orders?

Looking over your rules again, what is the reasoning behind the armour save modifiers on the reroll, they make Fortune not worth using, but Doom becomes stupidly good.
E.g.
Eldar shoot at some Doomed marines. The marines take their 3+ saves. Any saves which are passed become a 5+ save on the reroll. Eldar guns are AP 5. Marines all die.
Eldar shoot at some Doomed IG. The IG take a 5+ cover save. Any saves which are passed become a save of -. IG all die.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:12 am

Hi, PVanguard. Thanks for organising this event.

Along the similar lines of Prim's questions, why only the changes to re-rolling armour saves and not re-rolling to hit gained from twin linked and other powers? Why is one changed and not the other? Re-rolling armour saves can only be gained in a few ways, I think, from fortune mainly? Right? Not sure. Also the Eldar Farseer would have to roll for the power at the start of the game, a 1 in 6 chance. The power can only then be used on one unit per round. I can't see a need for this house rule. Am I missing something?

I'd also like to clarify the turn sequence, we will have to move/do the actions for only the unit on the card we draw?

Thanks again for the hosting the event.

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:29 pm

Mark me down as going mate the last hammercide was a blast.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:50 pm

For f's sake. I wrote a huge response and pushed the out button on my iPad by mistake and it's all gone. So short version now. I've had a bad day and short on patience. I hope I can answer your questions. And good ones they are. Thanks

I never thought about a re-rollable shooting minus because it never came up on any forums or tournament limitations. Now that I think about it, it's a good idea. But people have submitted their armies and it's not fair to them and thus, it won't be a rule this time.

The re-rollable armor is only influenced by Ap the first roll.

You can cast fortune as many times as you have warp points at the beginning of the turn. I don't think I mentioned anything about psykers.

The turn sequence won't limit you to how you move or shoot with a unit or charge. Simply, you move,shoot and or charge with a unit and do combat. This unit is randomly chosen. Before the battle, all your units will be given to you on cards. You have a deck and he opponent has a deck. The deck is shuffled and the player with initiative draws first. That unit does all it's actions. Then your opponent does the same. Then you go again, then your opponent and so forth till both sides have moved and done an action with every unit on the board. Sometimes this works in your favor, sometimes not. But it is quite fair from all the games I've played using it. All I can say is don't knock it till you try it. I have lost and won using it and the one thing is that I didn't walk away from either feeling bad because the games were more fair for both players.

I recently went over the rules for IG with rob. Sorry but I forgot exactly what they were and I wrote them down but don't want to check or this post will be lost as well. But it works. I'll check it and post them tomorrow.

Thx for the questions and hope that it clears up any confusion for any players. And if you have more, please ask. I have a lot on my plate and if I have missed something, any and all reminders are greatly appreciated.

The main reason I opted for these house rules is to stop spamming, power gaming and broken units as many tournaments have also opted to do. While I may not have plugged all the leaks, I feel it is as close as I could get. Please remember, this is one day to experience a different kind of 40k. The next week anyone is free to go back to spamming, etc. I can't wait to use a lord of war in a game at the local club. But for a tournament, I think fairness and fun should be the name of the game.
The one, the only.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:58 pm

Ok, I figure I can give it a shot.
I can see this impacting negatively on a lot of lists (anything relying on radius effects is pretty hosed by not being able to move all it's units in one go, e.g. Ork kustom force fields, DA banners and especially Synapse), but forewarned is forearmed so I won't bring one of those lists.

I will check my schedule and sort out payment, which I am assuming is non-refundable in the event that I catch a cold or have some other issue come up?

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:23 pm

Primarch_Vanguard wrote:
You can cast fortune as many times as you have warp points at the beginning of the turn. I don't think I mentioned anything about psykers.

Sorry about losing the post data mate, from experience I know that sucks :(

Thanks for getting back to us about the questions. With regards to powers, I think you can only cast a psykic power once per turn. Are we able to cast a power multiple times a turn in the tournament?

Hopefully that weekend will be free for me to join. Payment is before February?

Return to “Events in Japan”