40K Tournament season 2011

Please post details of any events, tournaments or big games you are planning here.
Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

40K Tournament season 2011

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:09 pm

I am going to run these events and I hope the community will enjoy it. Japan has very few Tournaments and I am going to try and fix this...

These are the Tournament events that I will run this year I hope you will all try and make it out.

July 23 2011 The Shougun-Showdown 1000 point Team Tournament.

September 19th 2011 ZATO-SENSO 1750 Individual Tournament.

October 10th 2011 Fluff-Tastic 1500 Fluff style Tournament.

More Details will come as the dates get closer... so mark your calendars and think of all the good things that come of tournaments. meeting new folks seeing what other people have painted showing off what you have painted. playing on great tables unique missions. Wining great prizes, and more than anything bragging rights.

I am doing this because I know just how much tournaments invigorate the hobby and the community if you are keen one helping out please send me a PM... if you do not like tournaments I hope I can show you that they are the life blood of hobby.
Last edited by Admiral-Badruck on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: 40K Tournament season 2011

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:42 pm

THE SHOGUN-SHOWDOWN(one for all and all for fun)Tournament JULY 23rd SATURDAY
LOCATION OGAKI CITY GIFU KEN
COST: 1000 YEN (THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE HOWEVER 100% OF THIS WILL GO TO THE VENUE AND DOOR PRIZES)

For the moment there is a limited number of players 10 teams of 2 will be the max allowance

Team Tournament Registration starts soon...I need people to from their teams and commit to armies... Submissions for teams will be accepted after Nagoya Hammer.

Things to consider when making a team.

Veterans are encouraged to take newer players under their wings and help them out.

Pairings must match fluff. for example GI and Space marines on the same team is fine Eldar and Tau are fine. Eldar and Chaos Daemons are not fine Tau and Nids not fine. if you can find a bit of fluff to back up your team and paring then you may submit that with your team entry

Any Codex is valid as well as any army list from Imperial Armour. Units from IA are limited to 0-1 and there will of course be no SuperHeavies or the like allowed in the Tournament.

Painting will be judged separately buy the participants but will also be team based. Lists must be submitted along with the the fluff.

Sportsmanship will affect the over all tournament standings.

The INAT FAQ will be used along with the GW FAQs And The Judge will have the final say on all rulings.

PLEASE ONLY POST SUBMISSIONS on this thread. I will as the Mods to delete any posts that are not Team submissions.

Questions can be sent to me by PM.

Thanks I hope you are all keen come out to the tournament.
Last edited by Admiral-Badruck on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MIJ
MIJ

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:02 pm

Some Q&A
We can use an IA army but we're only allowed 1 of each unit? Good Question. Answer: Armies that are built from the IA Army lists are free to use IA units mentioned in the IA army list. Units not specifically mentioned in the list entry are still a 0-1 choice.

Painting is team based? So we have to paint our armies the sameno armies do not have to share any similarity when it comes to painting or do you mean that if one player has a beautiful army and their partner's has been dipped in house paint that their final score will be an average of the 2?the simple answer is yes. Painting will be peer graded every one will be given one vote and they can not vote for their own the team with the most votes will win the painting prize
Limiting teams by background means that Nid players can ONLY team with NID players, whilst Imperials can team with any other Imperial faction, tau, eldar, orks (blood axes anyway), and even necrons (Blood Angels and Crons are bros according to the new BA book). Whilst it does make sense from a fluff perspective, it does seem very restrictive for those armies who try to eat their allies. This seems to be and accurate comment but not much of a question we need to remember that this is for fun and part of that would be to find a place in the fluff where some unlikely units will team up for one reason or another

If a tournament is all about winningI have never when to a tournament with this mind set WAAC in a game that is just for fun Tournaments are suposed to be fun competition is supposed to be fun other wise why do it. and bringing the best possible army, why would people feel the need to gimp themselves I guess that is one way of looking at it while there is nothing I can do to make sure the best players do not gang up on the new guys to feel good about them selves in a game of army men. I can bank on the fact that most of the best players want to play against good players or just there friends who live near buy of who they think it would be fun to be paired up with and not try and get the best partner available. E.g. Given a choice I would bring a hard as nails army and tag team with someone really good.This is up you every player I would hope that fun and learning would take priority over WAAC. We shall see how it goes. I am putting my faith in folks not being jerks I do not think that is too much to ask. it seems like the last few tournaments we have had there has not much cheesiness
MIJ
MIJ

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:14 pm

This is a competitive tourney, so people are going to bring their A-game, and that means manipulating gaps in the rules. Whats does "...and the like" mean, exactly?

e.g. anything with structure points = super heavy = not OK, as you said.correct
gargantuan creatures = ...and the like (?) = not OK?correct
flyers = not even slightly similar, but = not OK? A single flyer is not really all that bad new I have used them in lots of games and have found for the points costs they are not as hard to deal with as one may think. as of today I have not made up my mind on flyers... I am open to constructive debate about the subject via PM so if you have thoughts on the matter please let me know what you think in a PM :D it could go either way the seem to work just fine in the gladiator tournaments at Adeptcon.
MIJ
MIJ

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:31 pm

"Sportsmanship will affect the over all tournament standings."
all to the good, but how will this work, practically speaking? Great Question I am working on a score sheet similar to the one used at the World Wide War it was very cut and dry and it will be posted up no later than a month before the event.

There was a question about armies being disqualified on the day of the event.There should not be any of this as the armies, lists, teams, and fluff must be posted a month ahead of time.
MIJ
MIJ

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:06 pm

What FOC are we using? 1 each or 1 between us? great question.. you will each have a FOC and for that matter you will play on your own games the team event will be a like the ETC in that you do not play with your team mates but you will be tied together when it comes to overall standings.
MIJ
MIJ

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:59 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:THE SHOGUN-SHOWDOWN(one for all and all for fun)Tournament JULY 23rd SATURDAY
LOCATION OGAKI CITY GIFU KEN
COST: 1000 YEN (THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE HOWEVER 100% OF THIS WILL GO TO THE VENUE AND DOOR PRIZES)

For the moment there is a limited number of players 10 teams of 2 will be the max allowance

Team Tournament Registration starts soonAfter Nagoya Hammer (use this time to find a wing man or a co-Chaptermaster) and ends JUN 23rd Late comers will be dealt with in a case by case basis ...I need people to from their teams and commit to armies... Submissions for teams will be accepted after Nagoya Hammer.

Things to consider when making a team.

Veterans are encouraged to take newer players under their wings and help them out.

Pairings must match fluff. for example GI and Space marines on the same team is fine Eldar and Tau are fine. Eldar and Chaos Daemons are not fine Tau and Nids not fine. if you can find a bit of fluff to back up your team and paring then you may submit that with your team entry

Any Codex is valid as well as any army list from Imperial Armour. Units from IA are limited to 0-1 and there will of course be no SuperHeavies or the like allowed in the Tournament.

Painting will be judged separately buy the participants but will also be team based. Lists must be submitted along with the the fluff.

Sportsmanship will affect the over all tournament standings.

The http://novaopen.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... eta-v1.pdf (I found this to be a bit easier to use than the INAT FAQ the ruling for the armies will be judged based on this guild but as far as the numbers of copies of the list you need and all that jazz like and rolling dice in a box or what kind of dice you can use do not worry too much about that too much. also the Daemon Hunters Rules are now outdated I will post the new FAQ about them when they come up with rulings.) will be used along with the GW FAQs And The Judge will have the final say on all rulings.

PLEASE ONLY POST SUBMISSIONS on this thread. I will ask the Mods to delete any posts that are not Team submissions.

Questions can be sent to me by PM. You still need to do this.

Thanks I hope you are all keen come out to the tournament.
I am currently working on the Sportsmanship score card. Please PM me is you have any suggestions.
MIJ
MIJ

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri May 06, 2011 4:09 am

I am now taking lists and team fluff for this event. You have until Jun 23rd to register late registration will not be dealt with kindly.

How do I register? please send me a PM with your Army lists backed with theme fluff and teammate your team mate does the same. If I give you the ok then your may post on it on this thread... all list must be posted by Jun 23rd do not procrastinate your builds... and remember this is for fun... I can't stress this enough.. The 23rd of july is the day...
please do not register late.

And any question about this even must sent to me in the from of a PM.

Thanks and Please have fun writing up your team fluff...
MIJ
MIJ

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun May 22, 2011 12:29 pm

so far there are 3 people that have contacted me about the Samurai Show Down... one does not even have a team. A question was made a bout fluff:

Can we write up our own fluff? and tie it in to the army that we are allied with in the team game? Yes if your models look the part and the fluff makes sense to me For example I would not have a problem with a Tau - Ork combo as long as the armies looked like they could be. Allied... creativity is the main idea..
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Well, I guess these events have all been cancelled.
Thread locked.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Events in Japan”