baby nationality

For people living in the Chubu region of Japan
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: baby nationality

Post by job » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:40 am

I should have mentioned that embassies can be very insistent on recognizing their nationality and laws first. When I went to the US embassy and mentioned on the side that I might travel between Japan and countries other then the US on a Japanese passport they immediatly corrected me and told me I should travel as an American.

I think this may have been part Ashmie's trouble. The British government probably wants to establish its claim on the newborn first. After all how you conceive yourself is such a strong determinent who are, even your legal status. ;)

Heck most Americans seem to think US citizenship is also legally exclusive when it isn't.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

ashmie
Wargod

Re: baby nationality

Post by ashmie » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:16 am

I think you have a good point there Job. The guy that interviewed me from behind a bullet proof window at the embassy was very conservative and looked like he had a broom up his jacksy. I think he was stressing the importance of if I want my kids to be British. My kids will be half Japanese, half British, who gives a damn about what these so called governments stamp in their little black books hey. Freedom to choose one or the other is a nice luxury to have right. And they will have two languages to use, cool!
Yes for the record Keiko and I are expecting, although it's still early days. Not quite stable yet. :)
Thanks for everyones advice. Hope to see you all soon.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Return to “Chubu”