Nintendo switch account sharing. HELLLLPPP MEEEEEE!!!

For people living in the Chubu region of Japan
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Nintendo switch account sharing. HELLLLPPP MEEEEEE!!!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:50 am

Howdy folks. I have a technical question and can't find a satisfactory answer online, so I figured you fine folks might maybe be able to help.

So, my kids have a Nintendo switch with a bunch of games on it. There are 3 user profiles: Sean, Noah, and the "master" profile, which is linked to my credit card and the Nintendo online store, etc. The boys have their own save games etc on their profiles.

Yesterday I bought Noah a switch lite. It hasn't actually arrived yet, but in preparation for it doing so, I've been looking into how to move his profile and saved games and whatnot over to it. Now, that seems somewhat doable, but pointless, because apparently he can't play any of our games on it? Like, Nintendo seem to have set it up so that if you're playing on two machines, you need 2 copies of each game? On separate accounts? And there's some crap about needing to be online to do it? We had hoped the kids could play their switches on the flight over to Scotland, so offline is nae guid.

Like...huh?

Surely there has to be a simple method by which they allow for someone (me, the account holder) to have 2 machines linked to their account, such that both can be playing at the same time, on different user profiles. Like, yknow, every single family with more than one child would want to do?

No?

If anyone has any idea how to do this seemingly simple but actually maybe impossible thing, please let me know. Or, if you also find it bonkers that it's maybe not possible, feel free to make rude comments about Nintendo.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Nintendo switch account sharing. HELLLLPPP MEEEEEE!!!

Post by Primarch » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:26 am

I have a Nintendo Wii at home, so I'm of no help, as per usual. So, allow me to voice the obvious and ask:
Is there not an account helpline you can call or email address you can email?

Best of luck getting it sorted.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Chubu”