stress relief rant

For people living in the Chubu region of Japan
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: stress relief rant

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:41 pm

I just listened to this song for the first time whilst reading the lyrics. Cheered me up no end. :D

(seriously though, I'd never heard of this band until ten minutes ago when my mate emailed me, but some of their stuff just makes me grin like a fool.)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:54 pm

me_in_japan wrote:I just listened to this song for the first time whilst reading the lyrics. Cheered me up no end. :D

(seriously though, I'd never heard of this band until ten minutes ago when my mate emailed me, but some of their stuff just makes me grin like a fool.)

Keeping it real like an O.G 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmjdZKfumEI
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:06 pm

Hahahahaha. MIJ tries to help Voss over his troubles by offering up a Boney M cover :D
Mate, your Mum probably danced to that song when you were a wee 'un. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW BM were managed and produced by the same guy who brought us Milli Vanilli.

P.S. Gambatte Voss.
Morituri nolumus mori!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:24 am

well, it made me laugh. Didnt say it was good or anything, just smile-inducing. Actually I was listening to a whole mish mash of yon finnish band's stuff, Rasputin was just the one open when I was writing that post, so i linkied. :roll: Talk about yer nit-picking :roll: what does it matter that its a cover?

oh aye, and stop slandering my mum. She was never into Boney M. She's always been a rock/blues fan. Rolling Stones, Cream, Clapton, that kinda stuff. psssh, boney M :roll:

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:33 am

Hey don't forget the Dudes rug that was stolen, it really tied the room together. Sorry to turn this serious thread into an excuse to quote that cool film. :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:33 pm

me_in_japan wrote: oh aye, and stop slandering my mum. She was never into Boney M. She's always been a rock/blues fan. Rolling Stones, Cream, Clapton, that kinda stuff. psssh, boney M :roll:

Slander!!?? Are you suggesting that there is something less than desirable about being a Bony M fan??? If you are, I reckon my mum might want to have a stern word with you me laddy!
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2017 0

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:10 am

Earlier in the week I had a rant on this forum about work etc. I have to apollogise to those of you who read my ramblings. I have since recovered and deleted said post and feeling a little more human af\ter making it to Shogun on Total War Shogun 2. Thanks for all who bothered to read.
I'll use this thread from now on if I need to sound off.

Cheers dudes :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:04 am

ashmie wrote:Earlier in the week I had a rant on this forum about work etc. I have to apollogise to those of you who read my ramblings. I have since recovered and deleted said post and feeling a little more human af\ter making it to Shogun on Total War Shogun 2. Thanks for all who bothered to read.

Feel free to use it. For me, I've given up bothering to rant. Doesn't help and given how bad my personal life has gotten, not really worth the effort anymore.
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:50 am

Earlier in the week I had a rant on this forum about work etc.
darn it, totally missed that :(
Feel free to use it. For me, I've given up bothering to rant. Doesn't help and given how bad my personal life has gotten, not really worth the effort anymore.
amen to that, brother. I really do try my best not to talk about work anymore. Ash made the mistake of letting me call him yesterday, and altho I had legit reasons to do so initially, it quickly turned into a moanathon. Gomen, Ash-san, and thanks for listening :)

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:42 pm

ashmie wrote:Earlier in the week I had a rant on this forum about work etc. I have to apollogise to those of you who read my ramblings. I have since recovered and deleted said post and feeling a little more human af\ter making it to Shogun on Total War Shogun 2. Thanks for all who bothered to read.

Didn't catch that mate, sorry. If you want to grab a beer and whinge at someone just give me a bell.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Return to “Chubu”