envy! I demand envy!

For people living in the Chubu region of Japan
Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Re: envy! I demand envy!

Post by Mike the Pike » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:07 am

It's never too soon... :twisted:

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Didn't do Steve Jobs any fucking good though, did it?

My profile has been deleted by Facebook today. Apparently, changing my username to Bill Gates and liking every "Steve Jobs R.I.P" post and commenting "Buahahaha" on them, is a direct violation of their terms and conditions.

Steve Jobs says, "The only way Apple devices will get Flash is over my dead body." So, Apple devices will have Flash by the end of next month.

I don't know if Steve Jobs will get into heaven... God is a bit touchy about Apples.

Microsoft users have been proven right for once. They always said Steve Jobs couldn't build a computer to save his life.

It's so sad that Steve Jobs has died. Everyone at Apple is no doubt crying their i's out.

Steve Jobs isn't really dead, the nurses were just holding him the wrong way.

You can bet Steve Jobs' funeral won't be a flash affair.

10 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.
Morituri nolumus mori!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:03 am

Mike the Pike wrote:It's never too soon... :twisted:

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Didn't do Steve Jobs any fucking good though, did it?

My profile has been deleted by Facebook today. Apparently, changing my username to Bill Gates and liking every "Steve Jobs R.I.P" post and commenting "Buahahaha" on them, is a direct violation of their terms and conditions.

Steve Jobs says, "The only way Apple devices will get Flash is over my dead body." So, Apple devices will have Flash by the end of next month.

I don't know if Steve Jobs will get into heaven... God is a bit touchy about Apples.

Microsoft users have been proven right for once. They always said Steve Jobs couldn't build a computer to save his life.

It's so sad that Steve Jobs has died. Everyone at Apple is no doubt crying their i's out.

Steve Jobs isn't really dead, the nurses were just holding him the wrong way.

You can bet Steve Jobs' funeral won't be a flash affair.

10 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.

Genius!
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:04 am

http://www.theonion.com/articles/steve-jobs,26373/
So, anyone planning to get the iPhone 5 when it comes out next summer? :D
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... ekend.html
Make sure to read the last line of that article. :D :D :D :D :D

I have an Android phone and all I can say is "indifference! I expect indifference! I bought an item that is available worldwide to anybody with a salary. It makes me as special as the next man!!! I expect nobody to give a hoot about it."
Seriously, what is it about apple products that when you put them in the hands of normal, gentle people they suddenly start frothing at the mouth and spouting all this evangelical fanboy w4nk? ;)
http://www.theonion.com/articles/apple- ... oyal,2772/
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:41 am

its not that i think iphones are all that. I just got a new toy and wanted to crow about it a bit. :D :ugeek: I'd have done the same thing if Id gotten a new PC or something.

As for iPhone 5 - meh, who cares. I got the iphone 4s already knowing the iphone 5 was due next summer. My new phone cost me exactly nowt. In fact, due to special offers, i actually save about 2000yen off my bill because I upgraded. And, I get to keep my old iPhone (now fully functional as an ipod touch.) Whats not to like? it goes without saying that any machine you buy today will be outdated tomorrow. It does what I want it to do, and if it does it without me even pressing buttons, then bonus :)

with regards to saying "google's android handsets already outsell iphones" well, yeah duh. Of course they do. Thats cos an iphone is a phone, whereas android is an operating system. There are more PCs than macs around, but that doesnt mean all PCs are better machines than all macs.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:53 am

Dave.....Stop Dave...Won't you Stop

It really should be saying that if it knows your name MIJ! :lol:

I like the sound of it. I would be buying that if I had the cash. Did you programme it to do all that or was it all set up to go?
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:49 pm

Mike the Pike wrote:

Whatever my feelings about Mac vs Microsoft, that was masterful Mike, truly! :D

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:50 pm

kojibear wrote:
Mike the Pike wrote:

Whatever my feelings about Mac vs Microsoft, that was masterful Mike, truly! :D

If by masterful you mean "lifted straight from something he saw on Facebook", then yes, it is masterful ;)
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:55 pm

@Ash - good to go straight outta the box. Needed to load my contacts n music n stuff from my backup, of course, but the AI actually worked out what my name was without me even telling it (well, not directly, anyway. I daresay my info is in the phone somewhere...)

@Spev re. Mike: yeah, thass what he meant :D
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Spevna wrote:

If by masterful you mean "lifted straight from something he saw on Facebook", then yes, it is masterful ;)
Well...err...masterful move posting it here...heh heh...arrrrrrrrg............. :oops:

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:08 pm

I want to tell my phone this:

"Phone, make my wife get into gaming!"

I wonder what it's response will be...go on then you crazy lot, start with the ideas!

How about:

"You don't know the power of the darkside!" - ;)

Return to “Chubu”