New Boyle

For people living in the Chubu region of Japan
Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: New Boyle

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:09 pm

that is a nice picture.... well done my man.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:03 pm

So cute :D

Congratulations, glad to hear everything went well!

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:23 am

I say! Well done ol' bean! Well, err...I mean to say, well done to Mrs. Bolye. No doubt the strapping wee fellow takes after his mother, or at least we all hope so ;)

CONGRATULATIONS! :D

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:59 am

Congratulations to the both of you. The young Boyle is a good looking boy. Good luck!

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:45 am

Baby! Yeah! Congratulations, your life is now over. Don't worry, compared to all the coolness that is coming, you won't even miss it. (mostly.....)
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:53 pm

hahaha agreeing with Konrad is always easy...
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:48 pm

Congratulations Dave mate. Sean is a good Scottish name. You must be pleased. :)
We are having a boy too! Liam we are going to call him as he will probably be naughty I suspect.
Looking forward to the Lego?
Give me a bell when you are receiving visitors and we will bring something for him.

The embassy is straightforward, I believe the forms are all online, or at least the instructions of how to register are. You will probably have to go to The Epson building in Osaka to register.
Me and Keiko are trying to get her name changed to my family name so the baby can have my family name. It's going through the court at the moment so it's not a definite. Under Japanese law they must have one name or the other and it goes on what the wife's is at the time of birth.
A way round this would be to have the Japanese name in Japan and then register the marriage and the baby in Britain to get the husbands family name also. That way internationally (and on FB :) (joke)) they can use both but Japan would be Keikos family name.

Congratulations mate. Any time off to be with baby this week?

@Mus Extremely belated congratulations to you too on Ayla chan. I'm sure I've said this in person but just in case I hadn't congratulations again. :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:07 am

apparently, its easy enough to do if youre english or welsh. The scottish registrar's office, in their frankly not very infinite wisdom, have seen fit to have zero information online about how to obtain a scottish birth certificate (i.e. mine, which i need to prove that im proper british, like.) I've asked my dad to get a hold of em, and he's a lawyer, so if he cant get one, nobody can. Still, the scottish parliament think they can break away from england? yeesh. cant even organise their own data and get forms on a website... :roll:

@ash - a boy, eh? congratulations :D I foresee many's a long year of competitive-dad style 40k-by-proxy :lol: and seriously - Liam Laycock? That's definite rock band front man name material right there :D

Also, if you want any info about how St. Rose's is, by all means ask. I already took some pics of kaz's room for yer information. Thought it might be handy n stuff :)

re: kaz's family name - she got it changed when we got married, as some folks had said it was an arse to do it later. Looks like they were right. Good luck with a hassle-free changeover for you guys :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:47 am

Cheers mate, will do. Have fun settling the little fella in next week and make sure you get in as much Skyrim as you can before then. See you on the other side, or soonish I hope. Oh Toys R Us has a babies r us now in Tsu. They have everything, daily stuff too like nappies, baby food and milk. Worth a visit. It was good to go to Toys R Us the other day I felt it was alright to go in now as I'm actually shopping for a kid and not just looking at the Star wars Lego for myself. :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Return to “Chubu”