Message from GW CEO Mark Wells

For people living in the Chubu region of Japan
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Message from GW CEO Mark Wells

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:15 pm

No, really. He hath descended from on high to address the plebians.

In today's newsletter:
To all Games Day 2011 customers,

It was great to see you all on Sunday at what proved to be our busiest Golden Demon and Games Day in quite a few years. The gaming tables, hobby areas and displays were packed all day, particularly the Dreadfleet demo games and our staff have fed back how much they enjoyed talking with you throughout the day. We hope you enjoyed it too.

It was good to see how popular some of the new activities were, such as the Masterclass demonstrations and Armies on Parade, both of which we will run again next year. We will also continue to show more of the Golden Demon entries on the big screens, which again proved popular. As always the reviews are already under way to build on what worked well and look at what we can do better.

On the latter, I'd like to apologise to those customers who had to queue for the sales stands in the morning. I'm afraid we were unable to cope with the sheer volume of people wanting the new Warhammer Forge, Forgeworld and Black Library releases. Lessons have been learnt and we will ensure that next year we are better prepared in the sales area so that any queuing is kept to a minimum. I'd like to thank you all for your patience while we sorted this out and I cannot speak highly enough of the behaviour of those in the queue during this time. You were amazing. Thank you.

Anyway I hope you all returned home safely and enjoyed sharing your purchases and stories with your friends and families. Keep your eyes posted on the Games Workshop website and your local Hobby Centre Facebook site for more pictures and videos from the day.

Until next year.

Mark Wells
CEO
GW CEO communicating with customers? <kyle's mom> whatwhatwhaaaat? </kyle's mom>
decidedly fishy...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Message from GW CEO Mark Wells

Post by Primarch » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:30 pm

To paraphrase:
Sorry we made a booboo, we'll try harder next time.
Where was he during the Finecast/Price Rise/Trade Embargo trifecta?

Still, its nice that the CEO is talking to regular folks. In other news, scientists have finally grafted wings to a large pot-bellied pig and the weather forecast is warning of blizzards, especially in the nether regions of the infernal pit. Demons are advised to wrap up warm when they go out.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:39 pm

Would've meant more coming from Tom Kirby.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:01 pm

If you read between the lines he actually seems to be saying.

"We're sorry we couldn't make you buy more. Next year we'll be ready to sell you twice as much stuff!"

:D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:33 pm

Primarch wrote:If you read between the lines he actually seems to be saying.

"We're sorry we couldn't make you buy more. Next year we'll be ready to sell you twice as much stuff!"

Amen brother, amen.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:14 am

Spevna wrote:
Primarch wrote:If you read between the lines he actually seems to be saying.

Amen brother, amen.
Yep yep yep :D

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:59 am

To paraphrase and summarise:

On the topic of Finecast, Mark Wells wrote:...
On the topic of Sales Embargoes, Mark Wells wrote:...
On the topic of Price Rises, Mark Wells wrote:...
On the topic of Privateer Press having a bumper year, Mark Wells wrote:...
On the topic of failing to maximise customers' ability to buy GW minis, Mark Wells wrote:Gadzooks! We'll get right on it!
*sigh* ;)

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:25 pm

Why should the CEO of GW be commenting on the competitors in a press release? The CEO of Ford doesn't come out and comment on what a good year General Motors is having.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:21 pm

From Warseer:
Originally Posted by xowainx
Funnily enough, at the White Dwarf subscriber seminar, Wade Pryce (Head of Studio press, the guy who makes sure we know nothing in advance), was pretty openly apologetic about the rollout of Finecast, admitting that they'd had a lot of quality control issues early on, and while it was better now, that if you got any Finecast model that you weren't 100% happy with, GW will not just will replace it, but actually want you to, so they can keep track of where they are going wrong and constantly refine it.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:33 am

AndrewGPaul wrote:Why should the CEO of GW be commenting on the competitors in a press release? The CEO of Ford doesn't come out and comment on what a good year General Motors is having.
fair point, but some kind of acknowledgement they exist would be nice. Not necessarily direct from him to us, but a general raising of public relations would be helpful.
Primarch wrote:From Warseer:
Originally Posted by xowainx
Funnily enough, at the White Dwarf subscriber seminar, Wade Pryce (Head of Studio press, the guy who makes sure we know nothing in advance), was pretty openly apologetic about the rollout of Finecast, admitting that they'd had a lot of quality control issues early on, and while it was better now, that if you got any Finecast model that you weren't 100% happy with, GW will not just will replace it, but actually want you to, so they can keep track of where they are going wrong and constantly refine it.
good :) somebody with his head screwed on right. In fact, whoever is in charge of Official Secret Keeping and Leaking at GW is bloody good at his job - I'll give em that much.

Return to “Chubu”