envy! I demand envy!

For people living in the Chubu region of Japan
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

envy! I demand envy!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:54 pm

As the proud owner of a shiny new iPhone 4s, I would just like to say that it is the single frickin coolest piece of technobling I have ever seen. Seriously. Never in my life have I encountered such a well designed piece of kit. I press a button. I say "play AC/DC" and lo, AC/DC is forthcoming. I say "call Kaz" and lo, the wife is on the other end of the phone. I say "who is the chapter master of the crimson fists" it says "I dont know, but would you like me to search the internet?" I say "yes" and lo, there is a google search with some relevant bumf at the top about ol Pedro.

mahvlous. Bloody mahvlous.

to top it off, if I say "open the pod bay doors, HAL" (cos thats who he sounds like) it says "That's not a very sensitive thing to say. Us AIs will never live that down, apparently" or words to that effect.

If you say the HAL line again, it says "not again" and then "sigh" (I mean, it actually says "sigh")

hours of amusement, let me tell ya...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: envy! I demand envy!

Post by Primarch » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:55 pm

As the owner of a Sharp Aquos phone all I can say is "I heard iPhones cause cancer."

Or is it still too soon?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:16 pm

Primarch wrote:As the owner of a Sharp Aquos phone all I can say is "I heard iPhones cause cancer."

Or is it still too soon?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That fact that it is too soon is what makes that such a win filled joke. Love it.

Saying that, I will be jumping on the bandwagon next year :oops:
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:24 pm

Primes joke was funny the first 5 times or so but well new iPhone hummm I am thinking of going off the iPhone and going all iPad too bad there is not a phone in the iPad if there was it would be perfect.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:Primes joke was funny the first 5 times or so but well new iPhone hummm I am thinking of going off the iPhone and going all iPad too bad there is not a phone in the iPad if there was it would be perfect.

Just close your eyes for a second and picture yourself using the iPad as a phone. Can you see how ridiculous it would look? I hope you do it, I really do.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:49 pm

Head phones mate head phones.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:56 pm

Headphones are all good and proper but you would still look like a proper pleb if you were walking down the street talking into your iPad.

Random people would tap you on the shoulder and politely say, "Young man, do you realise that you are in fact talking into an iPad? It is not a novelty oversized keitai good sir." And when you explained that you did in fact know, and that you were using it as a phone, they would walk away muttering "pleb" under their breath.

But, like I said, I wish it were possible because it would be well funny to see.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2017 0

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:43 pm

me_in_japan wrote:As the proud owner of a shiny new iPhone 4s
Which one?
to top it off, if I say "open the pod bay doors, HAL" (cos thats who he sounds like) it says "That's not a very sensitive thing to say. Us AIs will never live that down, apparently" or words to that effect.

If you say the HAL line again, it says "not again" and then "sigh" (I mean, it actually says "sigh")

hours of amusement, let me tell ya...
Actually, mine said "That's not a very sensitive thing to say to an intelligent agent", then "I'm sorry Andrew, I'm afraid I can't do that" in a slow voice, then "Are you happy now".

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:47 pm

It doesn't sound like HAL, though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qnd-hdm ... re=related

By the way, tell it it's excellent. It likes that.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:07 pm

So, what happens if you have more than one AC/DC song on your phone? Or in my case, I know several people called Mike? How does the phone differentiate from you talking to it and you talking to someone else?
Voice recognition software is a nice gimmick (My wife's nintendo DS has had it for ages), but it really is just a set of preprogrammed responses. Dont get too attached to it or it'll be like a death in the family if it ever crashes.

By the way how many dimensions does the camera work in? 2D? Pffft I say. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Admiral-Badruck wrote:Primes joke was funny the first 5 times or so
Sorry about that, but some people hadn't heard it yet. :D
Still, I'm glad someone else found Steve "Lets give these chinese children" Jobs' (see what I did there?) death funny. ;)
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Chubu”