Sitrep, FUBAR

For people living in the Chubu region of Japan
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Sitrep, FUBAR

Post by Primarch » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:07 am

Colonel Voss wrote:Good point. I'll put some thought into keeping something out to paint, though certain things need to be packed specially and the proper space allocated while others are a bit more free in packing due to various reasons.

My main concern is that in early March, I'll have another bloke staying in this house with me (on my dime :evil: ). So if at possible, I want things packed up so he can't get his grubby mitts into anything. Also if I know whereabouts I am going to live, I will do my utmost to move ASAP so that maybe I don't have to pay rent for March or at least as little a possible. As I fully plan on downsizing my living area, that will hopefully save me some money somehow.
Well, your current place is pretty big, so I imagine you'll have to trim it down a bit if you move somewhere more urban. If I can make it up there anytime soon to help out, I will. (Jus wants me to pick up those crons as well). Fingers crossed you get some good news from all those interviews soon.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:50 am

Well I just had another interview and my name is forwarded to the school. It's in Gifu city. So easy move I think. Lower pay but some very nice perks. So far I have passed every primary interview given to me and it is just waiting to see about secondary interviews.
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:21 am

There are days when I wonder about the sanity of the world.

So far, only one solid lead, the elementary school in Gifu city. One maybe, Gamagori and/or pikey's place of work. Everything else has been mum. And now I'm slowly starting to compete against my own coworkers. Yep, that's right, 2 others have quit and two other might be quiting as well. Count 'em people, that's a lot of people going bye-bye from one company. In fact, that would equal the number that left last year. Personally I hope the other two quit. I'm even helping them out. I figure that it would be better to have them get a job and me wait on the sidelines. Yeah, I'm that spiteful after what my boss has pulled recently. His attitude makes me want to Spevnastance him it reminds me so much of GW management (just stupider).

Packing is going fine, but it would help if I could be rid of this chronic bronchitis. Ah well. Here's hoping next week's interview passes.
-Alten Ashley

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:26 am

The world is mad, and don't you forget it, mister!

Seriously, though, if there's one thing I've learned it's not to rely on the world to come up with the goods. Occasionally stuff will just fall into your lap, but by and large if you want something to happen, as Picard would say, make it so. It sounds like the various channels you've explored in terms of jobs are starting to thin out into the possibles and the nays. This was always going to happen, so don't stress it. I mean, it was never going to be the case that every single possible employer would contact you and say "hey, you're great! Come work for us!" There were always going to be no-commenters. Now you know who the are. So, moving on, keep your hand in with those who are still interested in you, and keep exploring other options. It never hurts to have a plan B (and C and D and so on).

Also, don't worry about those other guys who are quitting. That ain't your problem, and neither is your wanky soon-to-be-ex-boss. All you need to do just now is nail down a future job. Once that's taken care of, you can start mulling over the fine points.

Good luck :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:34 am

Keep looking forward, dude. Much as MiJ wrote, you only need one employer to offer. You can most often only manage one job at a time. Gifu and Gamagori are far apart. It'd be hard to hold both positions down. :D
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:42 am

Obviously, a move into Gifu city would be good for your social/gaming life, but don't let that stop you from applying for more jobs just in case. With any luck, the recent mass exodus of teachers will cause your old boss no end of stress and hardship. :)
Good luck with the interview!
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:50 am

Oh I knew some things would dry up. But my boss' insistence that I get it sooner rather than later and the phone calls to the extent that it is driving me up the wall. He just can't seem to figure out that other people run on their own time and not his. As for the other quitting teachers, I'm behind helping them out by giving them a few leads. I don't want to be like my boss and be a cold-hearted prick. And I know that all these quitting teachers will do him a lot of harm. Hell, when I found out the stunt he was pulling with the JHS I wanted to throttle the guy. But instead, I'll just let the JHS know what he's up to and let them handle it next year. I really think he's on a downward spiral both economically and personally. I wouldn't be surprised if he wound up divorced at some point the way things are going.

And yeah, my last post was a vent post. I just had to let it out :lol:
-Alten Ashley

Return to “Chubu”