All good things...

For people living in the Chubu region of Japan
YellowStreak
Legend

All good things...

Post by YellowStreak » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:27 am

Hi all,

Well this week I signed my new work contract and will be moving to Texas in mid-April. This has been in development for a while and is now official.
I hope to catch up with people in the next 2 months before I leave!
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: All good things...

Post by Primarch » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:42 am

Really sorry that you're going, there will always be a spot for you at NagoyaHammer. Feel free to pop back to Japan around Golden Week each year. :D
Don't forget to stop by the forum every now and again as well (because I don't use Facebook. :lol: ) to let us know how you're getting on, what new projects you're up to and to give us a heads up if you're heading back for a visit so we can clear our schedules.

Looking forward to getting one last game in before you go. See you at Fulford!
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:36 am

Primarch wrote:Really sorry that you're going, there will always be a spot for you at NagoyaHammer. Feel free to pop back to Japan around Golden Week each year. :D
Don't forget to stop by the forum every now and again as well (because I don't use Facebook. :lol: ) to let us know how you're getting on, what new projects you're up to and to give us a heads up if you're heading back for a visit so we can clear our schedules.

Looking forward to getting one last game in before you go. See you at Fulford!
Indeed I will stay in touch on NH and give you all an insight into Texas gaming! I will definitely be back from time-to-time (especially with my wife's family being in Tsushima) and who knows, perhaps once again residing in Japan once my Texas adventure ends (contract is 2 years - although that being said my assignment to Japan was for 3 years...6 years ago...!)

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:57 am

We'll miss ya! I think a send-off BeerHammer is in order!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:14 am

We’ll miss you, mate. As Prim says, be sure to stay in touch. Hopefully you’ll be back after a wee adventure in cowboy land. If you don’t buy a Stetson I’ll be very disappointed, btw.

Incidentally, I don’t know if it’s any use to you, but I have a good mate (old school friend of mine) who now lives in Austin. Should it be helpful, I’d happily pass on any questions you might have, or even put you in touch with him if you wanted. He’s not a gamer, though. (Also, I’m aware that Texas is absofreekinglutely mahoosive. No idea if you’ll even be anywhere near Austin. Anyway. Just a suggestion :) )
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:31 am

me_in_japan wrote:We’ll miss you, mate. As Prim says, be sure to stay in touch. Hopefully you’ll be back after a wee adventure in cowboy land. If you don’t buy a Stetson I’ll be very disappointed, btw.

Incidentally, I don’t know if it’s any use to you, but I have a good mate (old school friend of mine) who now lives in Austin. Should it be helpful, I’d happily pass on any questions you might have, or even put you in touch with him if you wanted. He’s not a gamer, though. (Also, I’m aware that Texas is absofreekinglutely mahoosive. No idea if you’ll even be anywhere near Austin. Anyway. Just a suggestion :) )
I'll be a few hours away - just north of Dallas (Toyota HQ is in a city called Plano), but thanks for the offer~!

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:31 am

The Other Dave wrote:We'll miss ya! I think a send-off BeerHammer is in order!
:D :D :D

Return to “Chubu”