help with hulu

For people living in the Chubu region of Japan
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

help with hulu

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:53 pm

just a quick onegai, which may end up falling on deaf ears anyway, but here goes...

I'd heard/read somewhere that Game of Thrones season 7 is on Hulu Japan (Amazon Prime only has 1-6 for free, with 7 being stupid expensive). I'm keen to catch up, which means a 1 month free trial of Hulu may be in my future. But...I can't see any way to actually search through what TV shows/movies are available on Hulu without actually signing up for it. Which seems silly - I mean, if you want to attract customers surely one would show em what you got as a lure, no? Bit like opening a shop with nowt in the window and a sign saying "Pay us some money and we'll give you Something. Honestly. It's a good Something. No we won't tell you what it is. Pay us first." (ok, yes, it's a free trial, but whatever...)

So, does anybody know how to search what's on Hulu? Or better still, have a Hulu account and can have a look for me? Pretty please with sugar on top?

Many thanks in advance :)

-d
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: help with hulu

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:02 pm

actually - never mind. Worked out what the problem was. Turns out the website for Hulu Japan is www.happyon.jp

obviously :?

Originally I figured it was just some third party site selling subs or something, so didnt click on it. Turns out that Hulu Japan isnt actually owned by Hulu anymore. Go figure. anyway, I shall search away...

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:14 pm

me_in_japan wrote:just a quick onegai, which may end up falling on deaf ears anyway, but here goes...

I'd heard/read somewhere that Game of Thrones season 7 is on Hulu Japan (Amazon Prime only has 1-6 for free...
-d
Bah. Got my hopes up there. Not in the UK they don’t. :evil:

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:38 am

bummer. That said, we have to put up with the shanky J cinema release schedule, where it can be anything up to a year behind everywhere else :roll:

Return to “Chubu”