Bring out yer dead

For people living in the Chubu region of Japan
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Bring out yer dead

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:41 pm

So, basically my kids have started to develop an interest in painting minis. This is a good thing, to be sure, however their frankly ferocious rate of consumption has resulted in my running out of “disposable” minis rather more quickly than I’d have liked. My Bones are all gone. Likewise my mantic orks. Heck, I even sacrificed a nurgle lord to the cause. The bottom of the barrel has been scraped, and I must now consider the prospect of actually spending proper cash on minis that will almost certainly end up painted in an enthusiastic but endearingly unskilled manner.

So, what i was wondering was: does anybody have any “spare” minis they’d be willing to donate to help a couple of kiddos work on their painting skills? I’m not asking for freebies here (although I wouldn’t say no, mind you), I’m just wondering if anybody has any unneeded minis they’d be willing to part with for budget prices. Not really fussed what they are, although my youngest has been asking after space marines (damn those Warhammer Adventures books...). I’d be very much obliged if any of y’all could help me out (and I understand completely if you can’t - I’ve been going through my own collection with an appraising eye recently, and for all the size of it, the ones I’d be willing to part with are very thin on the ground indeed.)

Deepest gratitude in advance :)

-d

Ps if anybody has auggestions where I can get aforementioned cheap minis online, I’d also be much obliged. eBay has cheap figs, but the shipping is an ass...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Bring out yer dead

Post by Primarch » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:36 pm

I'll have a look and see what I can find. I'll bring them along to NagoyaHammer. Some of them will probably already have an undercoat and maybe several odd bits of paint I would imagine, so they may be in need of stripping or at least a fresh undercoat.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:50 am

I have a bag of dwarves. There are also other odds and ends that seem to never see the light of day. There’s some 40k stuff probably.

And no price. It’s just plastic sitting at the bottom of bits container. Just take it if you want it.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:04 am

I've got a bunch of plastic 15mm Fallschirmjager...

More relevantly, a company called em4 miniatures does extremely cheap plastic minis in both "bog-standard fantasy" and "vaguely 40k-ish" (they're the current owners of those "space ranger" sculpts that you saw around in the early 90s), and they're UK-based so shipping is probably reasonable.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:39 am

Green army men from a 100 yen store could also be a cheap option.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:40 am

Thanks a lot folks - your generosity is very much appreciated. I’ll take a look at that site when I get a min, Dave. Many thanks, all :)

@Prim - 100 shop is a good idea, actually. Even plastic dinosaurs or suchlike could be a goer. Good thinking, that man.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Chubu”