free Dying Light

For people living in the Chubu region of Japan
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

free Dying Light

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:27 pm

Dying Light, bells and whistles edition, is currently free on the Epic Games store. It's a reaaaaally good zombie shooter (/baseball batter/electrified fencepole wrapped in barbed wire-r) and if you have even the slightest interest in such a game, I'd highly recommend it. I played the whole thing through, plus the (extensive and game altering) expansion straight after. The story is pretty ok, actually, but the gameplay is *chef's kiss*

that is all. carry on :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Re: free Dying Light

Post by Grantholomeu » Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:24 am

*adds to the vast swath of games I didn't pay for on Epic :lol:
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: free Dying Light

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:04 pm

It's totally worth your time to play. Basically, the floor is lava. Which is to say, the streets are swarming with shuffling Zs. Much later in the game these guys will be fodder for your trusty melee weapon of choice, but at least at the beginning, street level is death. They're attracted to any sound, so the gameplay revolves around either sneaking, or staying on the roofs of buildings, which is where the parkour comes in. I've never, ever seen a game do parkour as well as this one. The freedom of movement is fantastic. Soon enough you meet recently turned Zs, who are faster and able to climb, but as long as you're quiet and don't attract attention, you can deal with one or two of em.

And then the sun goes down, and the Virals come out.

They can climb, and run faster than you. Much faster. They will also eat yer face super fast. Plus, y'know, it's dark, and they're attracted to torchlight. Night time is...bad.

The whole parkour, day/night cycle, and huuuge wealth of weapon customisation options, coupled with a pretty engaging storyline, makes Dying Light one of my favourite games in years. Get it, play it, dream about zombies for weeks. 😂
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Chubu”