Sayonara mon amis

For people living in the Kansai region of Japan
ashmie
Wargod

Sayonara mon amis

Post by ashmie » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:35 pm

Guys I've taken this original post down. Not because I regret the contents of it just because it is unfair to tirade you all with this nonsense. For it is just that, nonsense. I want you to know that despite my reservations of how certain things have been within the group I want you to know I'm deeply sorry for causing this hurt and aggression in my absence and protest. I was the one that suggested gentlemanly conduct and I have done little to match that promise, if anything.
Keep positive and avoid the 'nay sayers. I have every love and respect for each of you and thank you for supporting me in the hobby these past 2 or 3 years.
My main apology goes to Prim for not attending this weekend. There is no excuse for my absence really.

I don't expect sympathy as we all have problems right, just please accept my apology as it comes from the bottom of my heart.

Yours in miniature models and tape measures,

Ash.
Last edited by ashmie on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: The Last Post (a sayonara or a cry for help)

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:13 am

Why?
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:22 pm

ok
Last edited by ashmie on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:48 pm

I am sorry you feel that way Ash :(

However, I would like to say that my experience these past two years in this group has been quite the opposite :oops: - no disrepect - I have met some great people and am enjoying my games very much. I am aware there have been a few personality clashes - but that is no different from any other environment, be it work or family. I have never seen or been a part of 'hate'.

I value each and everyone for all of their goods and all of their quirks.

ashmie
Wargod

A cry for help indeed

Post by ashmie » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:44 am

Perhaps you are right Koji, and you are a good guy so I'm not surprised you've never had any trouble. Perhaps the problem is from me.
Last edited by ashmie on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: A cry for help indeed

Post by job » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:30 am

Take it easy, man. I hope you can sleep better and rest up your mind and body. After all, you've got a kid to also take care of so you shouldn't have to give this too much of your energy.

If you are apologetic, then I'm sure Prim and anyone else will forgive you for any trust pass. I think we all have vices, weaknesses and errors, but it also falls on us to be forgiving of whomever and whatever it is if we want to have a community. I don't say that as a Christian (because I'm not), or to be preachy (because if you don't agree well than that's your opinion), but I do say it out of desire to see us get along for the most part.

I hope you and Prim have a chat. We did today and it seemed to clear some stuff for us. Just water under the bridge.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Sayonara mon amis

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:57 pm

Howdy ash :)

Just to say I've been lurking on this thread a bit, but didn't want to opine via the medium of the Internet. I'll give you a call once I'm back in Japan next week (after the 21st). Till then, take it easy and remember the there's nowt wrong if you feel the need to take a complete break from gaming or any other non-family aspect of your life. (it's not unreasonable to want to take a break from family life, too, it's just more difficult. :p )
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:26 pm

Thanks lads, much appreciate the support on this. It's well received. Been going out of my mind. It's not been an easy decision to make. Bit like cold turkey. I didn't realise how addictive gaming was until very recently and it's been hard to say I'm quitting let alone put it into practice. Had an offer of a game scheduled for tomorrow and my gut instinct was to jump at the chance but I managed to reign myself in. Stay on target.
Dave my phone is broken so I may have a new number by then. Thanks. E mail @ gmail is best. :)

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:24 pm

Nearing the end of this thread and this long year.
I'll post a few photos before the year is out of things on the bench.
I just wanted to say thanks for all the support this year with keeping in the hobby etc.
I've decided I will stay with my initial plan of retiring from wargaming.
I've had long talks with friends and family and agonised with you all about it. It doesn't make me feel good or happy anymore. This is nobody's fault per say just the way it's gone after 8 years.
Just before I diminish and go into the west though I want to say much love and respect to all I've gamed with. Thanks for the encouragement. I wish you well and lots of luck with fantasy battle campaign. Something I would have loved during my Imperial gaming days of 2009-10.
Big up to the NagoyaHammer and all that sail that ship. Anyone who needs to find me or simply hang out, grab a beer, shoot shit. I'll be in Tsu with the rpg dice and painting projects for the cabinet and display boards. There comes a time when we all must do things for ourselves and not only community as Prim rightly pointed out in the Wh brief.
Happy Gaming one and all. ;)

Return to “Kansai”