If you were a race from the Warhammer mythos. Which?

For people living in the Kansai region of Japan
ashmie
Wargod

If you were a race from the Warhammer mythos. Which?

Post by ashmie » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:08 am

We all know Admiral is an ork as he has stated many times but how about everyone else?
What race would you be? Not what army do you play. What race from either fantasy or the 40k universe matches your character in the real world?
When we have it down, we should totally make top trump cards for everyone. Limited edition Nagoyahammer set. :D

I'd go for either a space marine who gets his ass whooped or a corrupted by chaos Empire mage. On the verge of Tzeentch cult but being kept in line by the colleges of magic. Or perhaps I'd just be a goblin. Tricky isn't it.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: If you were a race from the Warhammer mythos. Which?

Post by job » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:14 pm

I'd be a dwarf: long life, good beer, great facial hair and I can be grump, too. The Tilieans or an Imperial wouldn't all be that bad either.

As for the 41st millennium, I'm just all too glad I won't live long enough to see it. If I had to I'd try to be a Tau member and do the whole Wa thing.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:28 pm

hum. Not that I'd want to be, but I reckon I'd probably be a Imperial scrivener or other such lowly adept. Forever grinding away at a meaningless job while the galaxy spins around you, without ever realising your true potential.

Or, if I take a slightly less glumphy approach, I'd be a wood elf, as I really do appreciate a walk in the woods from time to time :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Ye pose an interesting question... :D

Hmm...

I'd most likely be a sea-sick prone ship's boy who falls in love with some high elven girl while docked in some exotic port. I day dream fantasies of saving her from some dire fate and her falling madly in love with me.

I'd most likely be a wood elf glade rider whose voice is always the first to sing out as the cooking fire begins to burn merrily. I'd have a penchant for mischief when it came to Bretonnian Lords who mistreat their subjects.

Hmm...there must be more...

I'd most likely be an eldar from Alaitoc who watched the Imperium lay waste to the perfection of his craftworld and slaughter his people. Desparate for revenge, I join the crew of a corsair cruiser under the command of a drunk flute playing captain with an eye patch whose strange empathic confidante is of an alien species which are characterized by a slender build and a mouthless face.

jus

Post by jus » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:04 am

you know, I used to play this game when I was a bored bored ALT in the class room. Look at each student and place him - oh the small evil looking kid is a goblin. The bully of sumo kid is an ogre e.t.c.

I am a silk merchant and I hail from distant Cathay! ...i think.

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:24 am

Is it more based on what we would like to be. or more a case of which race best matches our real characters?
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:30 am

Probably Tau; generally wanting the best for everybody and attempting peaceful solutions before resorting to violent conquest.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:03 am

Is it more based on what we would like to be. or more a case of which race best matches our real characters?
Based on what your real characters are.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:55 am

I'm a halfling. I love eating, drinking, smoking fine tobacco, and enjoy a slow pace of life.

I may have some dwarvish in me as I easily have the thickest beard on this forum, I do love beer (as already mentioned), I prefer being inside to being out in the sun, I'm pretty stocky, and I do indeed hold a grudge.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:14 am

Curse you Ashmie,

I've spend far too long mulling this over since you asked with no good answer!

With my job I feel like a Bretonnian Questing Knight, forever seeking an ever-elusive goal. But that would mean being French...hmmmmm....

Alternatively, an Imperial guardsman, a cog in the great machine protecting the imperium, oblivious to the eventual futility of his task.

Now I say that, I look back and realise I once used IG and Brets as my main armies...hmmmm....
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Return to “Kansai”