NagoyaHammer 2020 - Hobby Contest - May 10th

Details of upcoming NagoyaHammer events
Primarch
Evil Overlord

NagoyaHammer 2020 - Hobby Contest - May 10th

Post by Primarch » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:24 pm

So I've been giving some thought to the painting contest this year and for starters, I think we will be changing the name to the Hobby Contest. Why? Well, there are some very gifted painters among our group and focusing on one particular aspect of what is in fact quite a broad range of skills may be off putting to those who don't rate themselves so highly on their brushwork. So, we'll open things up a bit to include the other parts of creating aesthetically pleasing minis in the hopes that it will get more people to join in.
This type of contest works better with more entries, so even if you don't think you'll win, please have a shot at it. At the very least you may be able to get a few pointers along the way.

As with previous years, this year's contest will be decided by popular vote. The top three entries will each win a small prize. Any ties will be decided by an impartial judge (i.e. me).

Rules
Entries may consist of any number of models of any make, scale, genre etc.
All models must be fully painted (duh!) and based, (and with apologies to ToD), no clear bases please.
If your entry consists of more than one mini, all models must share a base. Individually based minis on a display base are fine.
The maximum size of entries should be roughly 6"x 6"x 6".
Participants may enter more than once, but will only be eligible for a single prize.

Guidelines
The aim of this contest is to show the best parts of the hobby. Creative, imaginative and original minis are just as welcome as technically excellent painting. Your entry should tell a story, inspire the viewer or just plain show off what you can do when you set your mind to it. It would be great if everyone entered something painted just for the contest rather than selecting a mini from their army, but I realise that time constraints may affect what people want to enter. Conversions, scratch builds and your own creations are ideally suited to this contest.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: NagoyaHammer 2020 - Hobby Contest - May 10th

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:50 am

Cheers, Prim! I have no idea what I’ll do for this yet, but I will do my best to come up with something :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: NagoyaHammer 2020 - Hobby Contest - May 10th

Post by Primarch » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:01 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:50 am
Cheers, Prim! I have no idea what I’ll do for this yet, but I will do my best to come up with something :)
That's what we're all afraid of. :lol: :lol:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “NagoyaHammer Events - 名古屋八ンマーイベント”