NagoyaHammer 2020 - CANCELLED!!

Details of upcoming NagoyaHammer events
Primarch
Evil Overlord

NagoyaHammer 2020 - CANCELLED!!

Post by Primarch » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:19 am

This should be pretty obvious, but due to the recent viral pandemic, NagoyaHammer 2020 is officially cancelled. I (well, my better half) spoke with the venue today, and though they have not been told to close down by city hall, they are pretty unsure about the current state of things. Half of their scheduled events have already been cancelled in April and they aren't currently taking any new bookings at the moment.

So, I made the decision to cancel the event as it is better to do it with a fair bit of notice so that everyone has the chance to find out about it, rather than at the last minute. While Japan may not declare a state of emergency and lock everything down in the same way as most other developed countries have, I think it falls on each of us to do what we can to avoid risks to ourselves, our families and our friends. While I have a sneaking suspicion that my death will be related to my hobby in some way, I always figured it will be more "Et tu, Brute?" rather than being infected by something nasty.

I am sure some of you are disappointed and may even think that I am overreacting, but I think that this is the best call for all concerned. The current Japanese Government policy of asking people politely not to spread the virus doesn't fill me with confidence when I look at the situation in places like Italy and Spain. So please accept my apologies if you feel upset that the event will not be going ahead and for any inconvenience this may cause. Given the circumstances, if the biggest impact from the virus is a year with no NagoyaHammer, I think we will have gotten off easy.

Stay safe and healthy, I hope for many more years of gaming with you all in the future.

Stuart.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: NagoyaHammer 2020 - CANCELLED!!

Post by job » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:49 am

Disappointing, but I think you are all in the right. Hopefully we can break out those event game plans (40k, Underworlds, KT) in a future event when this has all tamped down.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:59 am

Primarch wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:19 am
I am sure some of you are disappointed and may even think that I am overreacting, but I think that this is the best call for all concerned.
Not at all, event planning is tough and with uncertainty only increasing as we get closer to the date, this is the right call. Thanks for making it.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:16 am

Unfortunate, but better safe than sorry!

Those of you who bought tickets for the Underworlds thing, you should be refunded - let me know if anything doesn't work on that end.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:06 am

Absolutely the sensible decision in this case, Stu. Unfortunate, to be sure, but realistically it was pretty unavoidable. Hopefully I get the chance to meet up with everybody later in the year once the current mess has passed us by. Maybe we can even use the time to work on our grey piles of shame? No? Ah well, just a suggestion. 😊
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:57 am

Too bad, but the first game day back is gonna be a party!
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Return to “NagoyaHammer Events - 名古屋八ンマーイベント”