job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: NH24 - Other Games (Sat May 4th) Planning Thread

Post by job » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:11 am

Konrad wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:51 pm
job wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:20 am
Are any people interested in Bolt Action on the 2nd day?

@Konrad: it has been a long while, but I’d love to do some Necromunda. Can I bring some of my cultists along?

@Auxryn: I don’t have any models any more, but if you need a player, it’d be good to try DSC again.
Necro! Yes!! "It's been a while." indeed! Just to double-check, we are talking Living Rulebook here, based on the original rules. not the re-vamped Underhive 2017. Rock the Hive! Are there some home-brew Chaos Cultist Gang rules you are planning to use or just "counts-as-XXgang"?
I’m playing whatever ruleset you are. I’m at this point more in favor of the “older/classic” “crowdsourced” “living” ruleset (than one that I have to pay GW every year to subsidize their publishing wing).

BTW, is their a site that contains the living rulebook? (Yak tribe?)

As for rules, I think it might be easiest to just use a ruleset for something like the “scabbies”. (The chaos gods seem to hardly provide any noteworthy “gifts”. Look at me, near 26 years of devotion and I still don’t have those horns out of my head or a set of talons; only a few moles to show for it.) However, if you have a characterful simple tweak to the rules, I’m all ears.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:08 am

job wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:11 am
Konrad wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:51 pm
job wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:20 am
Are any people interested in Bolt Action on the 2nd day?

@Konrad: it has been a long while, but I’d love to do some Necromunda. Can I bring some of my cultists along?

@Auxryn: I don’t have any models any more, but if you need a player, it’d be good to try DSC again.
Necro! Yes!! "It's been a while." indeed! Just to double-check, we are talking Living Rulebook here, based on the original rules. not the re-vamped Underhive 2017. Rock the Hive! Are there some home-brew Chaos Cultist Gang rules you are planning to use or just "counts-as-XXgang"?
I’m playing whatever ruleset you are. I’m at this point more in favor of the “older/classic” “crowdsourced” “living” ruleset (than one that I have to pay GW every year to subsidize their publishing wing).

As for rules, I think it might be easiest to just use a ruleset for something like the “scabbies”. (The chaos gods seem to hardly provide any noteworthy “gifts”. Look at me, near 26 years of devotion and I still don’t have those horns out of my head or a set of talons; only a few moles to show for it.) However, if you have a characterful simple tweak to the rules, I’m all ears.
I'm at work, so I can't link to Yaktribe, but the "Vault" has the all the rules. Reminds me, I have not checked in in a couple years. I should make sure my copy is up to date. I am pretty sure they re-did the Outlanders Rules a while back. I might already have those, need to check. The "Scavies" are in there, along with the Ratskins and Spyrers. I have a bunch of mutants and Skavies, so if you need to borrow a 3 armed or winged or two headed toxic wasteland mutant, I have you covered. Maybe I'll re-purpose my Gorkamorka Digga-Chicks into Ratchicks.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:10 am

An Underworlds update for Stu’s panic reduction ;) Currently we have 5 definites (including me) and 2 maybes, plus I don’t know how many (but probably not many) who are thinking of coming but haven’t signed up to my twitter event thingie. (Jye, I’m counting you as a maybe even though you haven’t signed up to the twitter thing yet.)
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:33 am

Yeah I'm still torn between Underworlds and playing random games that I normally ignore for 40k.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:27 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:33 am
Yeah I'm still torn between Underworlds and playing random games that I normally ignore for 40k.
Right, just didn't want you to worry about fussing with the twitter thing or not. :D
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:31 pm

Who is coming for Malifaux this day? @Balloonacorn and @MiJ, right?

If there are 3 players, I would be happy to try another game, like Necromunda, assuming that there is a free space in that game, of course!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:41 am

regarding Malifaux, would other players (Underdweller and Balloonacorn, so far, but room for more!) be interested in playing a current global campaign game? The info is here: but a very preliminary read through suggests it's just an extra objective per game, and a couple of variable effects for Nia during the game. I dunno - just figured it might be fun? If nobody else fancies it, that's all fine, too :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:12 am

Sorry I've been radio silent. I'll mostly be around day 1 and 2 for Malifaux. The campaign games look interesting, but I'll have to read it in detail later.

If I'm probably going to be playing two games of Malifaux the 1st day, and probably another game of Malifaux early the 2nd, I'd be interested in giving anything else a shot in the later half of day 2, whether that be Underworlds, Necromunda, Bolt Action, Dropzone Commander, or whatever. I just think I'll probably be Malifaux'd out after 3 games.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:34 am

job wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:11 am

I do have the Basic and Outlander LRB rules printed out. But they are an older version. I noticed there has been an update, so I will see if the changes are significant.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:24 am

I've been looking over what I can bring with me/run demos of and have settled on the following.
Bolt Action.
Saga: Age of Vikings.
I will have two forces for each game and all the necessary bits and pieces to play, so if anyone feels like giving them a try, I'm happy to put on an intro game or two.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “NagoyaHammer Events - 名古屋八ンマーイベント”