NH24 - 40K (Friday May 3rd) Details

Details of upcoming NagoyaHammer events
Primarch
Evil Overlord

NH24 - 40K (Friday May 3rd) Details

Post by Primarch » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:52 pm

Hello all,

To help you all plan your armies for the event, here are the details for the 40K games, and a schedule for the day.

9:00 - Doors open.
9:00-10:00 - Players register, unpack armies, tables are set up, etc.
10:00 - 12:15 (12:30) - Game 1.
12:15 - 13:15 Lunchtime
13:15 - 16:30 (16:45) - Game 2.
16:30 - 17:00 Break
17:00 - 21:00 (21:15)- Game 3.
21:30 - Doors close.

Game details
+All missions and secondary objectives will come from the Leviathan Mission rules. Each table will have print outs of the mission being used and a set of cards.
+Where possible players will be partnered with a random player for each game*. Players will score points as a team in each game, but will keep a record of their scores as individuals over the course of the day.
+Each game will have a different points value. Players are free to totally change their armies between games, but MUST ensure that they are ready to begin deployment as soon as the game begins. Any models still in army cases at the start of a game cannot be deployed.
+The games are as follows.
Game 1 - 1000 Points (500 points per player)
Game 2 - 1500 Points (750 points per player)
Game 3 - 2000 Points (1000 points per player)
+Once the end of the game is called, players may have up to 15 minutes overtime to ensure an even number of turns have been played.
+Players must choose their army from the most up-to-date official source available, including any balance data-slates or field manuals, up to April 18th 2024. This is to enable people to prepare without any last minute changes.
+Ideally, all models should be fully painted. The level of skill involved is not relevant, but an effort to present the other aspects of the hobby is appreciated. At the same time we all understand that getting every model painted takes a long time and a lot of hard work, so there are no penalties for using unpainted figures.
+All players should ensure that they have everything they need for their army, this includes, but is not limited to:
Dice, tape measure, rulebook, and cards. Digital copies of printed materials are okay, so long as it doesn't interfere with game play. (Charge your device before the event please).
+A tray to move your army between tables will be very convenient. The tables may be quite spaced out, so shifting between play areas may be time consuming if you are moving a handful of minis at a time.
+This is NOT a tournament, it is a social event to meet new people and play against new opponents . There is no prize for winning, and we ask that all players approach the event as such. Please bring a list that will be fun to play with and play against. By all means, play your 'A' game at the table, but a meta-list that is designed to table your opponent on turn 1 is not required. There are no composition limits beyond the standard 40K rules, but we would ask all players to build their lists with an eye on ensuring that everyone you play against can have fun.
+Related to the point above, fair play and sportsmanship are a top priority.
+There is no dedicated judge for games, players are encouraged to handle any rules issues between the players at their own table. Should anything need resolving, you can ask me (Primarch/Stuart) for a decision**. Players should not be interrupting other games for an answer.
+Players are recommended to familiarize themselves with the rules for the game and their own army before the event.
+3D printed figures, 3rd party models and proxies are all fine with the following caveat. Anyone looking at the model must be able to identify it correctly without needing to be told what it is.

*If there is an odd number of players, or someone drops out, it may be necessary for some people to play solo. If it is possible, please bring models and a list for 1500 and 2000 points as well as the 500-750-1000 point lists for tag teams. At registration, players will be asked if they can play solo games if necessary. Don't worry if you can only bring 1000 points, the majority of people will play team games.

**I don't play 10th ed. so my decision may not be the official GW FAQ version. Feel free to complain after your game wraps up and you have found the correct answer.

-------------

I think that should cover all of the important things. If there is anything you feel is missing or needs amending, please comment below.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: NH24 - 40K (Friday May 3rd) Details

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:55 am

Hello! I've actually been reading/studying up a bit on 10e 40k recently, and my travels across the rules-i-verse have led me to a question regarding secondary objectives. The Naghammer rules laid out above say that all missions and secondary objectives will come from the Leviathan Mission rules. My (admittedly padawan-like) travels across the internet, coupled with my own rudimentary experience, lead me to believe that secondary mission selection (particularly whether fixed or tactical) can have profound influence on the outcome of a game. Will the Naghammer missions be pre-set, or will the players be choosing them at the time?

Sorry to be the guy raising his hand just before it's time for the home bell, but I figure this is kinda important...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:07 am

I believe that all of the secondary objectives are on randomly drawn cards. The primary missions will be assigned by table.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:30 am

Ah, ok. Many thanks for the clarification. If we're playing secondaries as per the leviathan rules then it's all good. I was just wondering if you were planning on pre-setting them per table. Coolio 👍

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:29 am

I just noted the rules cutoff is April 18th. That's good - I'm glad it was covered and that seems like the right timeframe, but it has two consequences:

- Murphy's Law will drop a dataslate on us either next week or literally the night before

- My decision to bring Custodes looks significantly less friendly given the relative strength of their Index vs the Codex.

I'm not sure what to do about the latter - I could switch armies easily enough but I was looking forward to fitting 2K points into my case with the most possible room left over for terrain 😅

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:12 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:29 am
I just noted the rules cutoff is April 18th. That's good - I'm glad it was covered and that seems like the right timeframe, but it has two consequences:

- Murphy's Law will drop a dataslate on us either next week or literally the night before

- My decision to bring Custodes looks significantly less friendly given the relative strength of their Index vs the Codex.

I'm not sure what to do about the latter - I could switch armies easily enough but I was looking forward to fitting 2K points into my case with the most possible room left over for terrain 😅
Rule of cool. If you want to play them, play them!
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:18 pm

I wouldnt worry, Jye. Even with a recently gimped custodes army you'll still wipe the floor with me :cry:

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:52 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:18 pm
I wouldnt worry, Jye. Even with a recently gimped custodes army you'll still wipe the floor with me :cry:
I'm concerned the Index version is particularly brutal into Drukhari, who otherwise should be pretty good with their new detachment. Lots of Fights First makes the Custodes a brutal charge target, and their Codex version doesn't have that particular trick.

Seriously considering switching to Marines or Death Guard just so my cards and app work though :lol:

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:22 am

I would, in all seriousness, consider taking a backup of the current points (v 1.7): https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp- ... uQLzmK.pdf

AoS already had their quarterly balance release so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see new points dropping next week.

Of course if you're more organised than me and already finalised your lists no sweat :lol:

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:04 pm

Oh I jinxed it, it dropped this evening.

No massive changes - Custodes and Orks had their dataslate rules removed, as they have new codexes. There are a bunch of point changes scattered around but not huge ones in general. I think for my planned Marines lists I'll be overpaying slightly for Terminators but otherwise no change. Necrons have significant changes, but Drukhari for instance are completely unchanged.

Return to “NagoyaHammer Events - 名古屋八ンマーイベント”