Nagoyahammer 2024 Malifaux Planning Thread

Details of upcoming NagoyaHammer events
The Underdweller
Legend

Nagoyahammer 2024 Malifaux Planning Thread

Post by The Underdweller » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:14 am

I thought one thread for both days of Malifaux might help to make things less confusing. We'll find out, I guess.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday participants: Underdweller, Grantholomeu, Balloonacorn, Kojibear

Saturday: Underdweller, Grantholomeu, Me in Japan

We have the venue from 9 am to 9:30 pm both days, and to my knowledge, anyone joining in on both days can leave their miniatures and things in the room overnight.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My thought for the games:

Friday (4 players):

-Morning: Regular games (1 on 1). 40 points
-Late Afternoon: Double Rush (2 vs 2, each person playing a 10 point list) (Gaining Ground 4)
-Evening: If there's still time, we could try an all-out Brawl with 4 people (Gaining Grounds 4)

Here's the flip for day 1.

Schemes and strategies from GG4 (linked here: https://static1.squarespace.com/static ... _Rules.pdf)

Strategy: 8 of Tomes: Plant Explosives
Deployment: 4 of Masks: Wedge Deployment

Schemes:

3. Power Ritual
4. In your Face
5. Deliver a Message
10 Information Overload
11 Take Prisoner

Saturday (3 players):

-Option one: One game in the morning (40 points), one in the afternoon, with the odd man out joining in another game (assuming 9:30 am to 8:30 pm time frame)

-Option2: "4 man" Double Rush again in the morning (2 players vs 1, with the lone player playing two teams) and then all join another non-Malifaux game in the afternoon.

Regarding the campaign that Me in Japan mentioned, I am ok one way or the other. On one hand, there is already a lot to keep track of in Malifaux, especially in a larger game, but on the other hand, it might be interesting to add something new, and it doesn't seem like a major change to the game. Especially if we are playing the smaller team games.

What does everyone think?
Last edited by The Underdweller on Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Re: Nagoyahammer 2024 Malifaux Planning Thread

Post by Grantholomeu » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:01 am

1st day seems fine to me.

2nd day, I'm slightly leaning towards the 2nd option, but could do either. Whatever MiJ wants to do is cool with me since he gets to come out and play less often. If we go with option 1, I'll sit out one of the games. Four games of Malifaux straight would be too much for me.

For the campaign rules, I'm willing to give them a go. At the very worst, you get a point for winning the game, so both players could completely ignore Nia aside from her passive and start of round effects, and still win the campaign point just for winning the game. And apparently they want to support local games and local stores, so in-person games count for double points.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:00 am

I will only be able to attend Friday's Malifaux activities.

I am fine with 40 or 50 points for the first game.

Henchman Hardcore: The rules say the leader's points are not considered 0 when hiring. Is 10 points too light?

The Rules for ALL OUT Brawl specify a non-master, non-henchman of cost 10 or less. Sounds good.

It should be a good day for Malifaux.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:22 pm

Further to Henchman Hardcore,

The rules say 30ss for exactly 4 models so if we are doing 2x2 then I suggest each person bring 2 models totalling no more than 15ss and draw for partners lethal lottery style.

my 2 cents
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:23 pm

Balloonacorn wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:22 pm
Further to Henchman Hardcore,

The rules say 30ss for exactly 4 models so if we are doing 2x2 then I suggest each person bring 2 models totalling no more than 15ss and draw for partners lethal lottery style.

my 2 cents
Ah, apologies, I wrote down the wrong game name :oops: . I meant "Double Rush", which is designed for 2 teams of 2 players.

I'll update it in the first post.

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:00 am

Just my two cents, I'd lean towards 40pts for the normal games, because if we're going to play three different types of games which might require different setups, we might appreciate the extra time. Plus it gives us a little time to walk around and say hi to everyone.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:07 pm

Grantholomeu wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:00 am
Just my two cents, I'd lean towards 40pts for the normal games, because if we're going to play three different types of games which might require different setups, we might appreciate the extra time. Plus it gives us a little time to walk around and say hi to everyone.
I agree that 40 points sounds best. I would even be ok with 35 points or Henchman Hardcore for the Friday morning games, especially as Nick hasn't played for a while.

Not sure if we will actually get to the all-out brawl, really, I just added it in the unlikely case that we finish our other games early.

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:08 pm

I definitely want to play a game or two of "real" Malifaux with leaders 1v1. Henchmen Hardcore is cool to mix things up or play when there isn't much time, but personally I feel we gotta play some of the flagship version of the game for NagoyaHammer's flagship event.

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:15 am

Grantholomeu wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:08 pm
I definitely want to play a game or two of "real" Malifaux with leaders 1v1. Henchmen Hardcore is cool to mix things up or play when there isn't much time, but personally I feel we gotta play some of the flagship version of the game for NagoyaHammer's flagship event.
Fair enough! Let's shoot for 40 point games for Friday morning.

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:45 am

Friday (4 players):

-Morning: Regular games (1 on 1). 40 points
-Late Afternoon: Double Rush(2 vs 2, each person playing a 10 point list) (Gaining Grounds 4)
-Evening: If there's still time, we could try an all-out Brawl with 4 people (Gaining Grounds 4)

Even if we don't choose partners until the day, I will do a flip (one flip for both Friday morning games) and post it here sometime in the next few days, so that people can think about their lists.

Return to “NagoyaHammer Events - 名古屋八ンマーイベント”