Nagoyahammer 2024 Malifaux Planning Thread

Details of upcoming NagoyaHammer events
Grantholomeu
Veteran

Re: Nagoyahammer 2024 Malifaux Planning Thread

Post by Grantholomeu » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:11 am

Sounds good! (Although I've already made a list :P)
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:12 am

Thanks for setting up this thread, Underdweller.

I'm keen to play a couple of "real" games on Saturday, so I guess that means 50SS? I see 40SS being mentioned further down the thread, but am I wrong in thinking 50SS is the "standard" size? (I'm at work right now, so don't have a rulebook handy, and I don't trust my memory.) I'm not super fussed, so whatever folks think will work better is ok for me. Grantholomeu and Underdweller - are we likely to be playing all 3 of us at once? Or do you guys have any other individual plans for the day that might result in 1v1 games happening? I'm pretty much committed to Mali for the whole day*, unless I lack for opponents, in which case I'll see if any other games need a player.

*well, until maybe 6ish or so. I gotta get home at some point, and it's a bit of a schlep to Mie.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:58 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:12 am
Thanks for setting up this thread, Underdweller.

I'm keen to play a couple of "real" games on Saturday, so I guess that means 50SS? I see 40SS being mentioned further down the thread, but am I wrong in thinking 50SS is the "standard" size? (I'm at work right now, so don't have a rulebook handy, and I don't trust my memory.) I'm not super fussed, so whatever folks think will work better is ok for me. Grantholomeu and Underdweller - are we likely to be playing all 3 of us at once? Or do you guys have any other individual plans for the day that might result in 1v1 games happening? I'm pretty much committed to Mali for the whole day*, unless I lack for opponents, in which case I'll see if any other games need a player.

*well, until maybe 6ish or so. I gotta get home at some point, and it's a bit of a schlep to Mie.
I think Grantholomeu and I were leaning towards a game of double rush Saturday morning with all 3 of us ( the alternate option in the first post of this thread: Grantholomeu wants to try something different in the afternoon.)

(Double Rush (2 players vs 1, with the lone player playing two teams), each team being 10SS.)

I could then play another game with you in the afternoon, whatever size you would like.

If you would prefer, you and Grantholomeu could play a one on one game in the morning, and I could play something else if its available.

However, playing 2 50SS (or even 40SS) games between 9:30 and 6 seems extremely optimistic, since we tend to barely finish one on regular 9 to 4 Sundays, with no lunch break.

If you would rather do the one on one games, I can keep my minis around for an afternoon game with you if you manage to finish more quickly, somehow!

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:10 pm

Here's the flip for day 1.
I'll add it to the initial post in this thread as well.
Schemes and strategies from GG4 (linked here: https://static1.squarespace.com/static ... _Rules.pdf)

Strategy: 8 of Tomes: Plant Explosives
Deployment: 4 of Masks: Wedge Deployment

Schemes:

3. Power Ritual
4. In your Face
5. Deliver a Message
10 Information Overload
11 Take Prisoner

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Wed May 01, 2024 1:35 am

Apologies for throwing a wrench in the plans, but I am probably not going to be able to make it :(
I've been sick since Saturday, and while I tested negative for covid, it is mainly a cough, congestion, and difficulty talking.
Maaannnnn, the last vacation I was healthy for was LAST Golden Week :x :x :x
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Wed May 01, 2024 2:11 am

Grantholomeu wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:35 am
Apologies for throwing a wrench in the plans, but I am probably not going to be able to make it :(
I've been sick since Saturday, and while I tested negative for covid, it is mainly a cough, congestion, and difficulty talking.
Sorry to hear that, hope you feel better soon.

I guess we'll just play it by ear then. Sounds like 2-3 players on Friday, and 2 on Saturday (unless Grantholomeu feels up to coming by then).

We can do a couple of games of 2 on 1 Double Rush if there are 3 players, or a standard game if there are two players.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed May 01, 2024 3:30 am

Grantholomeu wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:35 am
Hope you feel better soon!
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu May 02, 2024 1:58 pm

sorry to hear that, Grant. Hope you feel better soon.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “NagoyaHammer Events - 名古屋八ンマーイベント”