Blood Bowl

Talk about all things Bloodbowl and Dungeonbowl related here.
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Blood Bowl

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:41 am

I played my first game of Blood Bowl in over two years last night.

And I have to say, it was bloody ace! :D :D

Ash was kind enough to come over and let me show him the ropes. We'd been to the pub previously, so were in the correct state of sobriety to play GWs finest ever offering. He picked out the Chaos Dwarf team, I opted for Dark Elves as I figured they would provide a nice contrast to the CDs play style.

Ash proved to be a quick learner, as although I sneaked in a couple of early TDs, he worked out that the dwarves' strengths did not so much lie in scoring as much as murdering as many of my players as possible. My first two TDs came in turns 3 and 5, but he kept me from scoring again until turn 7 of the second half (at which point we had a riot on the pitch and the game ended. It was 2am, so neither of us were that fussed about it...) I also ended up with a measly 6 players on the pitch. (he was about the same)

So, all in all, a fine game had by both of us, and a big thank you to Ash for coming over and giving me the chance to play. Personally, I'm feeling well up for some more BB. It takes me back to the glory days when GW games could be played with a dozen minis and a couple cans of beer, and no ill-feeling towards the company at all.

What say you? Anybody fancy a nostalgia trip? We could start a new competition, call it the Natsukashii Classic :lol: :lol: :lol:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: IPDBIL! I bid you....RISE!

Post by Primarch » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:09 am

me_in_japan wrote:I played my first game of Blood Bowl in over two years last night.

And I have to say, it was bloody ace! :D :D

Ash was kind enough to come over and let me show him the ropes. We'd been to the pub previously, so were in the correct state of sobriety to play GWs finest ever offering. He picked out the Chaos Dwarf team, I opted for Dark Elves as I figured they would provide a nice contrast to the CDs play style.

Ash proved to be a quick learner, as although I sneaked in a couple of early TDs, he worked out that the dwarves' strengths did not so much lie in scoring as much as murdering as many of my players as possible. My first two TDs came in turns 3 and 5, but he kept me from scoring again until turn 7 of the second half (at which point we had a riot on the pitch and the game ended. It was 2am, so neither of us were that fussed about it...) I also ended up with a measly 6 players on the pitch. (he was about the same)

So, all in all, a fine game had by both of us, and a big thank you to Ash for coming over and giving me the chance to play. Personally, I'm feeling well up for some more BB. It takes me back to the glory days when GW games could be played with a dozen minis and a couple cans of beer, and no ill-feeling towards the company at all.

What say you? Anybody fancy a nostalgia trip? We could start a new competition, call it the Natsukashii Classic :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring your teams down to The Blitzening! if you want.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:27 am

For a big bruhaha like that I'll probly be bringing Warmahordes, as I'm keen to play a variety of folks. But, that said, if enough people fancy some BB action, I could bring a coupla teams, for sure.

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:09 pm

Once you are with baby and find you have less gaming time, I will gladly make the trip down to Tsu to squeeze in some BB fun.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:49 pm

I will have to dig out my orks and start playing them.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:51 pm

Is it still lrb5 what are the newest rules.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:06 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:Is it still lrb5 what are the newest rules.
The Competition Rules are free to download from GW. I think they finished the living rulebook system and just wrote up everything as a finished product by the looks of it. It's not like anything new came out for the game in years anyway.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:47 pm

I used lrb5 last night, cos that's what I had. Even if there are updated rules, do we have to use em? Not saying we can't, just wondering...

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:00 pm

From what I can see, the only differences are in the league rules, not in what actually happens on the pitch. I can't be bothered to do a page-by-page comparison, though. :) The "Competition Rules" document is half-complete, anyway - they left out the background, most of the artwork and all the "did you know..." bits. Presumably it was to make a smaller "rules-only" document for, well, competition, but they never bothered to upload the complete LRB6.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:19 pm

me_in_japan wrote:I used lrb5 last night, cos that's what I had. Even if there are updated rules, do we have to use em? Not saying we can't, just wondering...
Since the LRB5 isn't available from GW anymore, someone would need to track down a place where it can be downloaded, or provide copies themselves for everyone who wants to play but doesnt have a copy.
As AGP says, the version GW have up is purely the rules without any of the fluff or frills that came with other versions. To be honest, all the missing bits a) dont help you play the game and b) are in the book if you buy the boxed game anyway. Essentially the Competition Rules are LRB:Final Edition.

Return to “Bloodbowl”