Looks official gentlemen, new toys

Talk about all things Bloodbowl and Dungeonbowl related here.
YellowStreak
Legend

Re: Looks official gentlemen, new toys

Post by YellowStreak » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:13 pm

One thing Bryan said was that if the sales people got to be in charge of the studio, it would destroy the studio, and that’s exactly what happened.
Interesting article Prim, thanks for sharing it.
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:23 pm

I'll be playing Blood Bowl again this year, really enjoy it. We usually use the rules my opponent is most familiar with which is usually something circa 2003 I think.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:50 pm

me_in_japan wrote:I...dunno how I feel about this. While I definitely count myself as a fan of BB, I can't help but worry that GW (or FW, as it seems to be) getting involved again will only be bad for the game. We already have a good ruleset, and buckets upon buckets of miniature options, so what can GW bring to the table? Best case, they re-work the rules and make them even better, and attract new players to the game. That, I suppose, is good for the game as a whole, but does nothing for us personally, as we all already know the game and like it, and (by and large) have teams already. If GW change the rules, then we're up against the ol' "do we change to the new rules or stick with the old familiar ones?" conundrum. If we do change, do we pay the evil empire for the new rulebook, which will doubtless come in a big box of minis that none of us need? Again, good for bringing in new players, but that's not who we are. If we don't change, then we have the problem of splits in the BB community, with some playing old-style and some playing new.

*shrug* I realise that I'm (we're) not the target demographic, and from a business perspective I have no problem with GW doing this. But, seen from a purely selfish "what's in it for me?" perspective, I can't see any benefits, personally (or for us as a group.)

/negativity :roll:
To be honest, I'd like to see the Special Play cards revamped and made actually useable. Over the lifetime of the Living Rulebook, a load of anonymous joyless players decided that they should be banished to the outer darkness. Pah. Bring 'em back. And while they're at it, make the game about playing (American) football! There's too many teams - Undead were the ones I used, but Dwarfs were much the same - who just flatten the opposition and walk slowly to the end zone. That's no fun.

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:20 am

AndrewGPaul wrote: And while they're at it, make the game about playing (American) football! There's too many teams - Undead were the ones I used, but Dwarfs were much the same - who just flatten the opposition and walk slowly to the end zone. That's no fun.
That's just part of the team variety I think. Some teams dance and prance and throw the ball, some bash and grind, while some do a little of both. None of them are particularly OP, but as mentioned elsewhere BB makes no claims to be 'balanced'.
And anyway 'flatten the opposition and walk slowly to the end zone' sounds like American football to me! :lol:

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:16 pm

I can handle unbalanced games. However, the slow slog to the end zone is just dull, for both sides.

As for American football, it's got some interesting tactics that so far, Blood Bowl can't replicate such as dummy passes, because there's no hidden information in a game of Blood Bowl.

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:18 pm

Speaking of Blood Bowl toys, new and old, if anyone has some of the plastic human blitzers from the 3rd edition box set for sale or trade please let me know. I'm looking for 2....

Grim Ironjaw
Warrior

Post by Grim Ironjaw » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:17 am

AndrewGPaul wrote:I can handle unbalanced games. However, the slow slog to the end zone is just dull, for both sides.

As for American football, it's got some interesting tactics that so far, Blood Bowl can't replicate such as dummy passes, because there's no hidden information in a game of Blood Bowl.
The bashing teams will take their time getting to the endzone because it gives them more time to crush you, crush you to goo. Make them sweat a bit and they'll arrive at the endzone far more quickly, or better yet, they'll give you an opening to steal the ball and score one of your own.

I do like the idea of adding some hidden information.
Minis painted 2015: 0ish
Bloodbowl teams owned: 6
Gutter Runners squelched: 35

Return to “Bloodbowl”