New Bloodbowl!

Talk about all things Bloodbowl and Dungeonbowl related here.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: New Bloodbowl!

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:32 am

me_in_japan wrote:Gomen - I'm working from a background of using the Living RuleBook (LRB) which is what BB players have been using since GW withdrew support for the game many moons ago. I had read that the new edition of BB has rules identical to those in the LRB, but since the LRB contains complete rules for leagues and team progression, I'm puzzled as to their omission from the new box. Also, there are rules for...ooooh, 20-30 teams, maybe more. Amazons, lizardmen, chaos dwarves, all that jazz. Kinda curious as to all that kind of thing. I can totally understand the need to drip feed team releases due to mini design/production schedules, but it seems rather petty to withhold half a dozen pages of league rules and team sheets in order to sell them later in some kind of snazzy box set. Still, it's GW, and I daresay old habits die hard. We must be grateful they re-released it at all, I spose.
To be fair, the last boxed release of BB was the same. Basic rules in the box, and league rules weren't added 'til Death Zone.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

jus

Post by jus » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:52 pm

ok there are 2 bundles, one comes with the official league supplement book with the teams i mentioned earlier called deathzone season 1, and is a bit dearer, but i got the one without it...because it can be acquired by other means.
I dont know if the "new official league rules" are the same as the fan created version as I've never played it but looks really well done. The main reason I wanted to get bloodbowl was to reintegrate back into gaming with the community.

Badruk and I did an unboxing/reactions video today, so look forward to seeing that, when it goes up!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:11 pm

aaaah, I see. Fair enough :)

Well, regardless of details, I am still a massive fan of BB, and will be very happy to face anybody across the astrogranite with my Dark Elves, Evil Stunties or Lizardmen. I'm also eyeballing the lovely, lovely undead teams from Greebo Games. So pretty. But so pricey... :(
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Gannon
Rookie

Post by Gannon » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:49 pm

Any word on that video? I'd love to see it. I've got both items, and loving both of them so far.
Play like you got a Pair!!

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:01 pm

And the Dwarves have tripped over their own beards!

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Bl ... arf-Bundle
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:17 pm

It, like, almost makes me angry how much they messed up the lines of action on those slayer sculpts.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:57 pm

The Other Dave wrote:It, like, almost makes me angry how much they messed up the lines of action on those slayer sculpts.
Oh you're just jealous that their beards are longer than yours. ;)=== (that's a beardy smiley by the way) But yeah.....what's with all this jumpin' and prancin' about now? You'd thing they were the Elfheim Elderberries or whatever they're called. Just because you have the capability to make a plastic figure balanced on it's beard, does not mean that it is automatically a good idea.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:30 am

@ Konrad and Other Dave

:lol: LMAO

I kind of like them in a weird way even though they are shockingly bad sculpts. Maybe it's just the paint work or the guy in front that bothers me. Still 27 pounds is not a bad deal considering GW prices. Not got the base game yet so will hold out on a new team. Still have my Mie bunny girls (amazons) in reserve.

You guys played it yet?
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Return to “Bloodbowl”