New Bloodbowl!

Talk about all things Bloodbowl and Dungeonbowl related here.
ashmie
Wargod

Re: New Bloodbowl!

Post by ashmie » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:14 pm

@Jus Cool! Not in Japan atm but you guys should start the Blood Bowl tournaments again like in days of yore. :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:43 am

jus wrote:@ashmie: Well I'm about to crack, might pick it up over Christmas! I think both orc and human teams look really cool!
I had a friend visit from the UK and he brought me BB as an Xmas present! Looking forward to getting some paint on the figs and getting on the pitch!
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

jus

Post by jus » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:54 am

ashmie wrote:@Jus Cool! Not in Japan atm but you guys should start the Blood Bowl tournaments again like in days of yore. :)
Good idea! Sounds good yellow streak, one of you had to teach me how to play though, I'm a noob!

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:10 pm

YellowStreak wrote:
jus wrote:@ashmie: Well I'm about to crack, might pick it up over Christmas! I think both orc and human teams look really cool!
I had a friend visit from the UK and he brought me BB as an Xmas present! Looking forward to getting some paint on the figs and getting on the pitch!
My first try I was a little overwhelmed, but was still left with a desire to give it another crack! :) Look forward to giving it another go mate!

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:40 am

jus wrote:
ashmie wrote:@Jus Cool! Not in Japan atm but you guys should start the Blood Bowl tournaments again like in days of yore. :)
Good idea! Sounds good yellow streak, one of you had to teach me how to play though, I'm a noob!
Any time! The rules are pretty simple, it's the tactics that take time! :D
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:06 am

Blood bowl is definitely an easy-to-learn-difficult-to-master kind of game. It's a hella fun, though. One thing to keep in mind is that not all teams are created equal. There is a deliberate tier system, with certain teams being straight up easier to win with than others. This effect applies to long-term league play, too (which is absolutely how the game should be played.) Some teams level up more efficiently, or are stronger (compared to others) late league or early league.

Regardless, the base play rules are easy enough to pick up, and there are plenty of players around. Also be aware there are tons of 3rd party made teams for the game, so don't feel tied to the GW minis.

As and when somebody picks up the box set, I'm rather curious to have a nosey and see how it differs from the previous version, both in terms of rules and box contents.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

jus

Post by jus » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:39 am

Ok let's do it!! Wahaha
I'm excited, I'm really looking the rpg leveling system of it. But i imagine that will come with subsequent expansions and sundry other doodads.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:02 am

Does the core rulebook not contain league rules?

And what teams does it have rules for? All of them? Just orc and human? What?

jus

Post by jus » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:44 am

This one didnt come with the leagues supplement but there are rules for it. Along with rules for Dwarves, Skaven, High/dark/wood, nurgle, human and orc in said supplement

I assume miniatures will follow suit.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:30 am

Gomen - I'm working from a background of using the Living RuleBook (LRB) which is what BB players have been using since GW withdrew support for the game many moons ago. I had read that the new edition of BB has rules identical to those in the LRB, but since the LRB contains complete rules for leagues and team progression, I'm puzzled as to their omission from the new box. Also, there are rules for...ooooh, 20-30 teams, maybe more. Amazons, lizardmen, chaos dwarves, all that jazz. Kinda curious as to all that kind of thing. I can totally understand the need to drip feed team releases due to mini design/production schedules, but it seems rather petty to withhold half a dozen pages of league rules and team sheets in order to sell them later in some kind of snazzy box set. Still, it's GW, and I daresay old habits die hard. We must be grateful they re-released it at all, I spose.

*edit* a question for grognards: did Deathzone have league rules/skills, or was it more special play cards and whatnot? I'm fairly sure I remember leagues/skills being in the base rulebook before. Am I wrong on that?

Return to “Bloodbowl”