I finally caved; let me know if you're looking for a game

Discuss your games in the Underhive here.
Balloonacorn
Veteran

Re: I finally caved; let me know if you're looking for a game

Post by Balloonacorn » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:19 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:53 am
My (limited) understanding is that it's all the fire that makes Cawdor fun and good. In a game where ranges are often short and hitting can be difficult, lots of flame is very good, and lots of warm bodies in your roster is also generally a strong choice. Blunderbusses are also apparently very useful. Basically, Cawdor individually are garbage, but you get a lot of them and you can easily engineer it so that you almost never actually have to roll to hit. (That said, it seems like the House of Faith book is really what turbo-charges them, and Cawdor with just the base rulebook may be less exciting - but that seems to be true for pretty much everyone.)
You are right @The Other Dave, you are always right. Nice models, fun fire templates and maybe turbo-charged shenanigans.

We don't need no water, to put the fire out
Burn! Underhive! Burn!

I ordered the Cawdor and Redemptionist boxes today.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:56 am

So how was the game?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

jus

Post by jus » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:42 am

I enjoyed it! Fast( if you know the rules) and fairly straight forward with a very low model count. Definately a game I want to play more of in the future.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:12 am

(late post)

I really enjoyed my Necromunda game and not just because I set Jus's gangers on fire and they had to deal with random scatter dice movements.

The game is quick, flavourful, brutal and just random enough to keep it interesting. I liken it to Kill Team with more style and kit-bashing.

I propose having a Necromunda Day in September (?) Enough time for everyone to read the rules and get a gang together. If 4,6, 8 10? gangs showed up on one day we could have 2 or 3 games apiece and get a good feel of the it before deciding how to proceed.

What do you think?
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:13 am

Sounds good! I'd still want to sneak in some 40k in one session of that day but more than happy to get the Escher out for the other.

Return to “Necromunda”