Anthony Case Community Edition

Discuss your games in the Underhive here.
Konrad
Wargod

Anthony Case Community Edition

Post by Konrad » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:15 am

Anthony Case has done it again. Check this out. Prim may be very happy with the (some) of the changes to "Hit and Run".
The weapons and skills rules are a bit more complicated than his other version. But more balanced than the original Necro and simpler than the V2 skill list rules. I need to look them over again, but at first look it's obvious they are a great improvement. If we re-boot Necro, I say lets give these a go. Much easier than us cobbling together house rules from here and here.
http://anthony-case.me.uk/necromunda
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Anthony Case Community Edition

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:28 am

Gave it a quick look over so I did not really read much of it.. Do you know if there is a printable rule book... or if it is just little add-on-s for the GW rules??

I hope it is a new rule book I will check it out when I have more time...

At some point I will builld a whole 5X6 table just for Necromunda... so I hope someone still wants to play it...
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:55 am

too lazy/busy to read right now, but if its an improvement on his v2 rules, im in. they were pretty good.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:14 am

@Badruck
Looks like a printable PDF. They did what I wish I had time and computer skills to do. It's just a copy of the Living Rulebook, with changes/clarifications/additions written in red.
It's a bit more complicated than the "pure" Case versions. More , "roll a d6 and consult this chart" than necessary maybe. Many of the contributors are on the Eastern Fringe forum, and I can see their handiwork

A (brief?) overview of some pertinent changes/clarifications

-Charging- You can charge a model you cannot draw LOS too if it is not hidden.
-Overwatch- Firing on Overwatch incurrs a -1 to hit penalty
- Firing at a charging target while on Overwatch a further -1
-Firing at a target that both "appears" and "disapears" (ie jumps from cover to cover) requires and initative check.
- Overwatch fire only happens during the opponents Movement phase.
-Pinning- Models hit by enemy overwatch fire automatically recover from pinning at the end of that turn. Models that do so, may not assist other pinned models escape from pinning during their own turn though.
-Pinned models may move up to 2"
-Grenades- grenades reduce cover to hit modifiers by one
-when throwing grenades from a higher level to a lower, don't measure the vertical distance (fire in the hole!)
-Parry- You can only parry dice that are higher than you highest combat result die
-Bottle Roll- You use the total number of fighters to calculate when you make a Bottle roll, not just how many show up.
-Catching fire- it's back
-Fear- fixes the fear liability
-Weapons Equipment- lots and lots of changes
-Skills- lots of changes. Van Saar Juves do not get Techno. It's not the same version as the earlier Case rules I was plugging.
-Injuries- lots of changes, again it's not the same version of the Case rules, but much better than the original.
- If a model takes a roll on the Injury chart due to being taken out by a High Impact weapon, a double means the model is shredded, dead, scary. "Back off man! I have a melta-gun!"
-Scenarios- lots of little tweaks and 3 new ones!

Looking forward to trying this out.
Looking forward to giving this a go.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:17 am

Any gang I have will brand spanking new so Im happy to use whatever rule set you deem fit at the Winter Blitz event.

As long as you are clued up on the rules, and are happy to put up with any assinine questions I may have, you can count me it :)
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:43 pm

After our little Gunfight at the Not OK Coral, I took a look to see if there had been any changes to the community edition these last....5 years..... Lo and behold! Have not taken a close look yet. The previous editions were 150% better than the original rules. I can't imagine they have screwed things up too bad since then.
The Outlander rules are also being worked over too.
http://gaming.yaktribe.org/community/va ... ulebook.1/
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:35 am

I've been enjoying that other sci-fi skirmish game a lot, and want to try other games in the same vein, so I am up for giving Necromunda and/or Gorkamorka a go later this year.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:21 pm

I'm ready
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Return to “Necromunda”