Can we fix this game with a few house rules...

Discuss your games in the Underhive here.
Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Can we fix this game with a few house rules...

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun May 23, 2010 5:26 pm

This is one of my favorite games it has a low model count and great modeling and terrain possibilities... but as it has been pointed out it is broken...

What is broken and how can we fix it??
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Spevna

Re: Can we fix this game with a few house rules...

Post by Spevna » Sun May 23, 2010 10:14 pm

When your gang gets screwed, they REALLY get screwed! There has to be someway of sorting out the injury rolls as you end up with a bunch or gimps and cripples if you arent careful.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun May 23, 2010 11:17 pm

This is a good start Mus... Is there any thing we can do about this though... bad Roll is a Bad roll... and it is rather fair in that it does not kill one gang more than another... could there be some kind of built in compensation for the guys that get hosed... One thing that I think really hurts is when a ganger that has all kinds of cool weapons dies so do his weapons... also buying a new guy is a bit pricey. I think if you got a free Juve for every time a guy dies and if you could keep the guys wargear it might help you stay in the game... of course this should be based on a roll say 2+ gets you a new juve.. (the gangers kid brother) and roll a d6 for each pice of wargear on a roll of a 3-6 you get the pice of wargear, and on a roll of a 1 your opponent gets it... As for guys that get gimped well life in the under-hive is hard... I would say let the gimps be unchanged. :mrgreen:
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon May 24, 2010 1:15 am

Ban people from auto-quitting on the second turn.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon May 24, 2010 3:32 am

Ban people eh... well that is a bit harsh... I would say that if you run away voluntarily with over half of your gang still on the board one of your down men is captured on a 3+... and on a 1 or 2 you lose a random territory

.. fixed ...
no one would run off in this case and the fact that you get a new Juve when your gangers die would make people more keen to stick around...

Next problem please
MIJ
MIJ

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Mon May 24, 2010 3:43 am

Admiral-Badruck wrote:This is a good start Mus... Is there any thing we can do about this though... bad Roll is a Bad roll... and it is rather fair in that it does not kill one gang more than another... could there be some kind of built in compensation for the guys that get hosed... One thing that I think really hurts is when a ganger that has all kinds of cool weapons dies so do his weapons... also buying a new guy is a bit pricey. I think if you got a free Juve for every time a guy dies and if you could keep the guys wargear it might help you stay in the game... of course this should be based on a roll say 2+ gets you a new juve.. (the gangers kid brother) and roll a d6 for each pice of wargear on a roll of a 3-6 you get the pice of wargear, and on a roll of a 1 your opponent gets it... As for guys that get gimped well life in the under-hive is hard... I would say let the gimps be unchanged. :mrgreen:
I think this is too generous and lets you get off too easily. If anything defeat should make juves more reluctant to join your gang (who wants to join up with a bunch of loosers?)

If anything, the injury chart needs to be reworked into a percentile base which would smooth out a lot of the problems with injuries.

I'll work on making one.
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Mon May 24, 2010 4:20 am

If we make it TOO unforgiving on a loss, then there would be no real reason for gangs with lower ratings to fight higher ranked gangs. Maybe make it so that you can't run until you are forced to make a bottle test?

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon May 24, 2010 4:27 am

As for realism some times kids would not have a choice to join a gang or not join.. still the fact that not every kid that lives in "the hood" has to join his brothers gang.. I think this rule will keep things at an even keel.. and you would not get a Juve for a dead Juve.. so there is a point where you will have to Rank up of die.. I think an injury table is much more complex and it changes the hard rules of the game... while I think getting a new injury table is possible I think it is open to a lot more debate than a few freebies that will in no way over power a gang and at the same time give them a fighting chance..

that said if C. Voss is up to the debate and scrutiny then be my guest I will be sure to help you with it..
MIJ
MIJ

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon May 24, 2010 4:40 am

ennui wrote:If we make it TOO unforgiving on a loss, then there would be no real reason for gangs with lower ratings to fight higher ranked gangs. Maybe make it so that you can't run until you are forced to make a bottle test?
This is the current rule... I do not think you can bottle unless you have taken 25% downed fighters... again the unforgivingness is in only applied on the VOLUNTARY bottling... if you take 25% and fail your Bottle the Standard rules apply. but if you take 25% and still have a good chance but run away because you get lots of free exp. it is not fair to your opponent who has travelled to the venue and has set out his time and in most cases paid to play the game not just set up and then take it down because 3 guys went down in a lucky round of shooting..
MIJ
MIJ

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Mon May 24, 2010 5:22 am

Got to agree with the Admiral. While the effort is appreciated, there is no need to make a percentile table yet, not until some ideas have been bandied around and discussed.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Return to “Necromunda”