Talk about Epic 40,000 here.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Epic in 2022: Horus Heresy &c.

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:49 am

Like, here's an example of where I might go for 3000 points: link

You've got:
Terminators in Spartans with the supreme commander for a solid mobile core
Tacticals on foot with heavy weapons to camp on a forward objective and shoot at stuff, while being hard to shift due to strength of numbers
Teleporting Grave Wardens because you gotta (a chaplain is really useful for units that plan to get stuck in, because it helps with blast marker removal and gives a boost to assault resolution to boot)
A Rapier battery with mortars for one more garrison (which can fire indirectly, which is nice)
A unit each of Sicarans and Javelins for some speedy, long-ranged firepower where and when I need it
Fire Raptors for ground attack and, in a pinch, combat air patrol (these are also kind of a luxury, and a couple storm eagles might do the job just as well and more cheaply*)
A Fellbade superheavy because you gotta

Two units of terminators might be a bit much too, and swapping out the grave wardens for some breachers or something (Death Guard can't take assault marines as a line formation, or I'd think about that) would be an option.

*I did just notice that Storm Eagles have transport, which is nice as well.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2022:
40K-iverse: 23 infantry
AoS-iverse: 30 infantry
Adeptus Titanicus: 6 titans, 8 aircraft, 29 tanks, 20 bases of infantry
"Other": 18 models
Current Queue: 18 models in 4 lots

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Epic in 2022: Horus Heresy &c.

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:16 am

A quick report: jus and I had a fun game of Epic 30K at the last Nagoya games day - he used my Death Guard, and I took my Knights. The marines I've collected are a bit of a fussy force for a new player (as they have garrisons and troops deploying via storm eagle and dedicated objective-holders and other stuff that kind of wants you to have a good handle on how the rules work), while the knights (like they are in 40K) need careful handling as they're all war engines that will stomp most anything they get into close range with*. BUT we had fun! Epic remains a very solid game, and the heresy army lists aren't really different enough to the tried and tested 40k lists to come anything close to changing that. Breachers were extremely good at murdering vehicles, Knights-Lancer were extremely good at murdering everything, and next time I definitely want to add a reaver to each side just for some fun titan shenanigans.

*In my defense, I did suggest he take the knights! :lol:
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2022:
40K-iverse: 23 infantry
AoS-iverse: 30 infantry
Adeptus Titanicus: 6 titans, 8 aircraft, 29 tanks, 20 bases of infantry
"Other": 18 models
Current Queue: 18 models in 4 lots

Return to “Epic 40,000”