Idea-Floating: an Epic Event

Talk about Epic 40,000 here.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Idea-Floating: an Epic Event

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:35 pm

Just to test the waters, before I start looking at rooms and buying another tables' worth of terrain. :mrgreen:

Let's say I offered to run an "Epicstravaganza," something like this:
-A one-day event
-3 or 4 people
-Everyone borrows one of my Epic armies by random lots, so Marines vs Guard vs Eldar vs Orks - if anyone has their own models, obviously the number of participants could open up a bit
-I act as mediator, so "skim-through" knowledge of the rules is plenty
-We have a low-stress round-robin type day of Epic gaming - one day is probably not enough time for more than 3 games at the outside anyway
-I'd have to check, of course, but as a small room would be plenty it ought to be on the affordable side
-Yes, Prim, we'd use the Epic: Armageddon rules :D

Would anyone (or, more specifically, at least 3 other people) actually be interested?
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Idea-Floating: an Epic Event

Post by job » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:41 pm

I would be interested. Just give me lots of time to plan this into my schedule. Heck, I might even invest in some models if I really get addicted after this Sunday. :D :? :?:
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Build it and they will come.
All depends on my schedule. I'd be happy to waste a day playing with even smaller itsy bitsy Orks.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

frans
Warrior

Post by frans » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:02 am

I am definitly interested, i am however going back to sweden in the end of september

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:20 am

The Other Dave wrote:Let's say I offered to run an "Epicstravaganza," something like this:
-A one-day event
-3 or 4 people
-Everyone borrows one of my Epic armies by random lots, so Marines vs Guard vs Eldar vs Orks - if anyone has their own models, obviously the number of participants could open up a bit
-I act as mediator, so "skim-through" knowledge of the rules is plenty
-We have a low-stress round-robin type day of Epic gaming - one day is probably not enough time for more than 3 games at the outside anyway
-I'd have to check, of course, but as a small room would be plenty it ought to be on the affordable side
-Yes, Prim, we'd use the Epic: Armageddon rules :D

Would anyone (or, more specifically, at least 3 other people) actually be interested?
Go ahead and do it. If you give me enough time, I will try and get my Epic stuff painted and come along if I can, despite your poor choice of rules. Or maybe I will bring NetEpic with me and let people compare the two. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:41 am

Groovy! I'll start looking into rooms and dates. If it happens, it'll probably be closer to year-end, to give people flexibility with schedule-arranging, and give me time to get a second mat and some more terrain put together. What works for people? A Sunday in December? Some time over shougatsu?

And Prim, I really do wish you'd give Armageddon a second chance. You've played, what, one game of it? Using Marines to boot, which are kind of a finesse army. :)
-----

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:50 am

The Other Dave wrote:Groovy! I'll start looking into rooms and dates. If it happens, it'll probably be closer to year-end, to give people flexibility with schedule-arranging, and give me time to get a second mat and some more terrain put together. What works for people? A Sunday in December? Some time over shougatsu?

And Prim, I really do wish you'd give Armageddon a second chance. You've played, what, one game of it? Using Marines to boot, which are kind of a finesse army. :)
2 I think. (vs IG and vs Orks) Its not that I think its a bad game, I just really prefer the order giving and other mechanics from 2nd ed. :D If I hadnt played that, I would like Armageddon more.
December works well for me. If I can make it (or even if I cant), you are free to borrow a couple of my gaming mats. I also have a lot of the 1st and 2nd ed buildings.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:07 am

Primarch wrote:December works well for me. If I can make it (or even if I cant), you are free to borrow a couple of my gaming mats. I also have a lot of the 1st and 2nd ed buildings.
Shh! You're weakening my justification to get myself a Zuzzy mat. :D
-----

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:14 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Primarch wrote:December works well for me. If I can make it (or even if I cant), you are free to borrow a couple of my gaming mats. I also have a lot of the 1st and 2nd ed buildings.
Shh! You're weakening my justification to get myself a Zuzzy mat. :D
Zuzzy eh? In that case, you cant have any of my mats. Now get out there and buy it!

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:44 am

guess I will have to give the orks Prime gave me a wile back a look.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Return to “Epic 40,000”