Epicstravaganza!

Talk about Epic 40,000 here.
Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Epicstravaganza!

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:53 pm

Well I have looked really can't make heads or tails out of the rules I normally can't until I play a game a few times. So if you could just build up a list that would be best.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:32 am

Not a problem! The Orc army list is one of the more-confusing, since it's kind of a firehose of options. Unless you really want to use any models you've got, I'll just bring along my Orc army and lend it to you.

Also, if you want to use those extra Skull Pass trolls you've got lying around to cover the participation fee, I'd be interested... :D
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:52 am

Ok sorry I forgot them at orcboberfest.
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:38 pm

@ToD - I have been looking through the rulebook for information about Titan weapons, but I could only find 1 entry for the warlord with no options for switching out it's guns. I have one of the old plastic types with the interchangeable weaponry, but I dont have the pieces to make the configuration in the book. Any suggestions on where I should be looking?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 pm

Primarch wrote:@ToD - I have been looking through the rulebook for information about Titan weapons, but I could only find 1 entry for the warlord with no options for switching out it's guns. I have one of the old plastic types with the interchangeable weaponry, but I dont have the pieces to make the configuration in the book. Any suggestions on where I should be looking?
The tournament lists just have one loadout for each Titan, yeah. You can find rules for free loadouts in the AMTL list on TacticalCommand (link here) - they say only Titan Legions and Adeptus Mechanicus forces can use them, but I wouldn't mind if you did.
-----

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:16 pm

If you have the actual physical printed Epic Armageddon rulebook, there's an appendix listing all the old miniatures for the Imperium and Orks, giving you stats and suggested "counts-as" options. IIRC, the other Imperial titan weapons are in that list. The Mars Pattern Warlord titan in the Tournament army list is a sort of generic titan - one big anti-armour weapon, one big area-effect anti-infantry weapon and two smaller backup weapons. The big anti-armour weapon is listed as a Volcano Cannon, but it could equally well represent a Plasma Annihilator or a Quake Cannon, etc, without it making too much difference in the game.

There's no way you can build that configuration using the old plastic beetle Warlord - you'd need to nick a pair of turbolasers from a metal Reaver/Warhound.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:46 pm

AndrewGPaul wrote:If you have the actual physical printed Epic Armageddon rulebook, there's an appendix listing all the old miniatures for the Imperium and Orks, giving you stats and suggested "counts-as" options. IIRC, the other Imperial titan weapons are in that list. The Mars Pattern Warlord titan in the Tournament army list is a sort of generic titan - one big anti-armour weapon, one big area-effect anti-infantry weapon and two smaller backup weapons. The big anti-armour weapon is listed as a Volcano Cannon, but it could equally well represent a Plasma Annihilator or a Quake Cannon, etc, without it making too much difference in the game.

There's no way you can build that configuration using the old plastic beetle Warlord - you'd need to nick a pair of turbolasers from a metal Reaver/Warhound.
(I've always counted the dumb-looking-things-that-were-called-lascannons-in-Adeptus-Titanicus as turbolasers - really, the beetleback Warlord is so far off from the current weapons aesthetics that you could count almost any piece of kit you like as whatever.)

As for weapons, it's true that you can counts-as, but the AMTL list is well-tested and good fun. May as well use what's out there, I reckon.
-----

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:17 pm

gearing up to this... I may have to play Sam a few times...
MIJ
MIJ

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:18 pm

still on for Dec 3rd..
MIJ
MIJ

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:00 pm

Still on for the 3rd, yep!

I'm thinking that shooting for 2 games will let us finish up by 6:00 - how does that work for everyone's schedule?
-----

Return to “Epic 40,000”