[Epic] *Laughs, Cries*

Talk about Epic 40,000 here.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

[Epic] *Laughs, Cries*

Post by The Other Dave » Mon May 16, 2016 12:58 am

So apparently Adeptus Titanicus is a confirmed thing! Yay!

Set in the Horus Heresy, OK, lets them start off with one set of models for two sides, I can see the logic...

Models produced in resin by Forgeworld, hmm, could be pricey but they do make pretty models, OK...

The scale will be 8mm.

The scale will be 8mm.

W T actual F.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: [Epic] *Laughs, Cries*

Post by Primarch » Mon May 16, 2016 1:55 am

I've always thought that GW should double the price, reduce the content and make stuff incompatible if they wanted to rerelease epic.... oh, no, wait. That would be a stupid thing to do.

Hopefully that is just a Typo/Red Herring.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon May 16, 2016 1:58 am

Primarch wrote:I've always thought that GW should double the price, reduce the content and make stuff incompatible if they wanted to rerelease epic.... oh, no, wait. That would be a stupid thing to do.

Hopefully that is just a Typo/Red Herring.
Nah, there was a whole thing about how they did test sculpts and 8mm was a good scale to get the kind of detail they wanted and blah blah blah.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/05/ ... atest.html
-----

jehan-reznor
Champion

Post by jehan-reznor » Mon May 16, 2016 2:08 am

Cool but with the prices for the recent board games, i wonder if it will be accessible for the general public, entry games should be reasonably priced

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon May 16, 2016 4:29 am

nevermind, Dave - at least this way you get to save hundreds, nay, thousands of pounds (or currency of choice) not buying their overpriced but pretty dudesmen. And that said, while some may quibble the scale disparity, what's to stop you playing the old rules, old infantry, and buying some mahooooosive big new titans for your armies? eh? that doesnt appeal just a wee teeny bit, no?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon May 16, 2016 5:32 am

Is that 'not-GW-minis-honest' company still doing Dark Eldar, Tau and what not? Don't see why you need to worry about a new edition to be honest.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon May 16, 2016 7:54 am

Primarch wrote:Is that 'not-GW-minis-honest' company still doing Dark Eldar, Tau and what not? Don't see why you need to worry about a new edition to be honest.
Yeah, Onslaught's still about. I was just hoping for some new shiny - if the new titans weren't suddenly going to be 33% too big, I'd probably have picked a couple up. Word is the new Warlords are like 6" tall, which is on par with my Imperator.
-----

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon May 16, 2016 1:39 pm

To be fair, were the titans ever "to scale"? I thought they were actually much bigger than depicted, but the models were constrained by production costs and suchlike. That being so, some big new ones might even work better (albeit theyd play merry hell with your existing ones.)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon May 16, 2016 1:58 pm

me_in_japan wrote:To be fair, were the titans ever "to scale"? I thought they were actually much bigger than depicted, but the models were constrained by production costs and suchlike.
This is true! Most of the vehicles, too, for that matter.
me_in_japan wrote: (albeit theyd play merry hell with your existing ones.)
This is also true.

I dunno... As I've been thinking about it over the past couple hours, I'm less incensed - as you say, I'll be able to at least pick up a cool new titan or two or whatever, at 40K-forgeworld-dreadnought prices, which aren't too bad, considering. And, too, scale creep meant that the later Epic infantry releases were pretty much 8mm or so anyway. It's just the decision to go with a completely proprietary scale that nobody in gaming uses that gets me all irrational.

Also, a fun historical fact for those reading along: the Horus Heresy was basically invented to explain why the original Adeptus Titanicus was just Imperial titans versus Imperial titans, so things have come full circle in some sense. Symmetry!
-----

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon May 16, 2016 11:27 pm

I got it. Just house rule the new Titans as "Imperatusmaxinator Class Uber Titans" Add 33% more hull points and void shields. EPIC!!!!!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Epic 40,000”