The most popular tabletop game....?

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: The most popular tabletop game....?

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:07 pm

Blood bowl is the most fun if you have a good league.

40k is still top dog.

Skirmish is where it is at.

Necromunda, Gorkamorka, kill team. Even combat-patrol

I think that was the original idea of 40k back in the day we never played more than 1000 points. 550 seems like a fun number.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:19 pm

Warmachine is the game I have played the most this year by far, probably slightly more than once a month. 40K is a distant second, followed by a couple of games of Fantasy and a few demos of various skirmish games.

I'm going to agree with people who prefer smaller points games of 40K or Skirmish games - not that large games of 40K aren't fun, but due to limited gaming time and rapidly changing/expanding rules, I feel that my grasp of the rules is never quite good enough recently.

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:27 pm

Wher is the like button I fee the same way about the rules of 40k.
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:02 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:Wher is the like button I fee the same way about the rules of 40k.
We don't, have never and will never have a like button. If you like something, comment on it to show your approval. This helps to build conversations and strengthen the community as a whole. Put a like button on the website and next thing you know, you have 500 friends whom you have never met and never spoken with. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:06 am

I'm tryna think - I haven't done nearly as much gaming as I'd have liked this year.

Epic, of course. I had my event last summer and got in a few good games of that.

For the past few months Dropzone has been big on my mind, and we've been playing some of that as well.

Did I play any games of Fantasy this year? I suspect not.

A couple games of Bolt Action, which did grab my attention and for which I have started a force.

And a couple random games Prim has demoed for me - Ronin and Planetfall, both of which were good fun, and the second of which I'd very much like to get into.

And I dunno, it's not even that I have some rabid hatred of 40K or anything. It's more, like Konrad says, that I just don't have the time, money or energy to put into collecting what would have to be a large, expensive army for that game. My Scythes force could probably be made tabletop-viable, but I'd need a couple dedicated transports at the very least.

But mostly I look at the above and realize how little I've gamed this year. :( I missed too many Joshin days and (as usual, to be sure) wasn't good enough about being proactive about non-Joshin gaming. A post-NagHams resolution for me, perhaps!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 17 infantry

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri May 01, 2015 1:35 pm

Primarch wrote:
Admiral-Badruck wrote:Wher is the like button I fee the same way about the rules of 40k.
We don't, have never and will never have a like button. If you like something, comment on it to show your approval. This helps to build conversations and strengthen the community as a whole. Put a like button on the website and next thing you know, you have 500 friends whom you have never met and never spoken with. :D
MIJ
MIJ

Auxryn
Champion

Post by Auxryn » Wed May 06, 2015 2:51 pm

I've been playing Dropzone Commander at any opportunity, and 40k close behind that. I've also taken advantage of the Kuwana game days to do Gorkamorka and Necromunda.

I'm happy to have my 40k armies and will continue slowly collecting and painting them, but I realized when I painted an entire Shaltari army instead of collecting the meganobs needed to field a Bully Boyz formation that my 40k armies would probably never be competitive. And that's fine with me. The people and armies I play against should be a lot of fun with the army I have. We'll see after Nagoyahammer if I want to make upgrades.

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Fri May 08, 2015 10:47 pm

I've probably missed a few sessions off, but this is what I've played this year, going by my BGG records:

Code: Select all

Games Played for AndrewGPaul from 1 Jan through 8 May 2015
Game				Qty
Judge Dredd Miniatures Game		8
Dropzone Commander					4
Star Wars: Imperial Assault		3
Arena Rex								2
Infinity								 2
Saurian Safari						 2
Warhammer								2
Assassinorum: Execution Force	 1
Mice and Mystics					  1
This Tuesday, I'll be playing 40k.

jehan-reznor
Champion

Post by jehan-reznor » Tue May 12, 2015 8:34 am

I am mostly playing boardgames now at JIGG kansai meeting, the tabletop game i have played the most last year is X-wing

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”