Orks! Orks! Orks! Orks!

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
Spevna

Re: Orks! Orks! Orks! Orks!

Post by Spevna » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:56 am

They look great. I've got the ramshackle ones in my armym( 9 of them ), but reckon I might get some of these too.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:40 am

Lovejoy wrote:Apparently miniaturescenery.com who made the mdf Goblin Gunz are working on these beauties right now:-

http://s434.photobucket.com/user/Mousem ... e.jpg.html

Buggies look decent and cheap in the new codex so I'll be watching out for these. Much better than the ancient official versions.
Nice! Nice! Anyone planning to put in a CNC order?
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:29 pm

I'm thinking about an order, but I'll be on holiday in the UK in late July for 12 days, didn't want to do it in case I miss the package (from Australia there's no telling for sure when it arrives). Probably yes, it would be alright, but you never know.
I might wait until the buggies are ready too. I can see myself being in the market for multiples of both kits, cheap as they are.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:14 am

Scrolling through the codex a bit this afternoon.
Lucky stick.....I can't see anyone ever leaving da Hulk without one.
I sort of like "Da Finkin Cap too". Strategy! Arrr me 'ead urts. And for 5 points da Dead Shiny Shoota is a lot of dakka, and only a little dangerous. I mean, how often will you end up rolling ones on 6 twin linked shots?
The new Mob Rule is just a pain in the arse. Random chart, random hits, re-rolls.... Should have just made it like you pass the test, but take S4 hits equal to the amount you failed the test. Boss pole maybe just means 1 less hit inflicted maybe.
Really, really disappointed by losing Invulnerable saves..... Maybe the designers did not realize you can take FNP and IN saves at the same time and just said, "Ehhh, same thing, whatever...."
At least with IC Docs, we can spread that FNP around a bit.
Nice to see some options for Meganobz too.
Goka\Morkanauts look like they could be mean, mean mean! Especially one of each! (Naturally) Kustum force field could cover them both. Load each with a unit of burna boyz(just for the Meks mostly) Grot riggaz ( give them "It WILL NOT DIE!) and you have....well over 600 points........ How do they stack up against those Imperial Knight things?
Loving the cheaper Deffcoptaz! I think I will be rigging up some Buggies to zoom in there with them! Buggies just for bulk, Deffcoptaz for maneuverability. I've always taken Rokkits. And now that they are cheaper......more fwoosh...BOOM! please.
Cheaper Lootaz are nice. I see smart players sidelining them for Mek Gunz though. I'll still field mine. R48 and sometimes Quantity is more important than Quality.
Weirdboyz, not bad. Get a Force weapon. Eadbanger, Frazzle are ...BS2 Witchfire....meh. Warpath could be useful. Da Jump is always fun! Killbolt, looks dead killy! Da Krunch. I love it! Barrage!
Glad to see the Tankbustaz and Flashgitz get some love too.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:20 am

I've been trying to make sense of it too, there is some exciting stuff in there. Mob rule is a drag though. Boss poles don't seem to mitigate it much at all either. Trukk even worse..you could put 12 boyz In armour inside to protect from possible explosion, but who wants to buy 10pt orks for that? Meks have been overlooked a bit in terms of potential, fix hull points on 5-6 roll seems great, and only a few points. You can have 3 Meks in a 5 man burna squad, some internet wag (other than Konrad) has suggested you could have a squad in the morkanauts belly repairing the beast.
I wonder if mobs are still the thing? I expect so, but perhaps there are other ways.
Agree on the pAinboys! But so few hq slots for all the things needed just to shore up the silly changes.
More thoughts later I hope. I keep having to edit this, iPhone is useless for typing duties.

Auxryn
Champion

Post by Auxryn » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:17 pm

I think big mobs of boyz have gotten more expensive in points and less good in mob rule. They are still good perhaps, just not as good as they were in the old codex.

However, the new mob rule only makes my meganobs better. Boss poles, character nobs, and armor saves mean that mega nobs will now be ignoring more than half their failed morale and pinning checks.

Trukks are cheaper now, and the 7th ed vehicle damage table means they are less likely to explode. It's acceptable.

Cheaper rokkits is great. Cheaper rokkit kopters and warbikes is even better.

I am disappointed that my brand new killa kanz got more expensive and less good. I'd had high hopes of making giant kan mobs.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I am really looking forward to making a mega-armored Mek with KFF and lucky stikk.

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:04 pm

So much exciting stuff. Some pie in the sky things I thought would be fun to see or use:
Multiple Squads of 5 buggies/deffkoptas (rokkits)
Meganobz/Tankbusters/burnas in a trukk
30(!) Stormboyz with that ridiculous threat range
Kommandos!
KFF or Shokk attack bike
Morkanaut with meks inside
10 flashgitz in BW
The dreaded Stompa
I hope mechanised orks are viable, because moving 90-180 orks would be soul destroying.

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:07 pm

Had a skim through the codex and I'm not a big fan so far. It all seems a bit plain to be honest. I miss the HQ characters that would allow you to tailor your army, and I was really hoping for clan specific stuff. Some of the rumors about the diffeernt grot units were pretty appealing too.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:06 pm

Yep, as the dust settles the true potential, or lack of it is getting clearer. HQs don't unlock troop choices like before, so some interesting builds are gone at a stroke. As I've mentioned, the slots seem very, very restrictive, (by which I mean crowded) especially heavy which is full of the more juicy choices. It's a bit frustrating. I have limited knowledge of what's do-able in other codexes, but the wolves and AM books that I have made lists from seem to allow more flexibility and potentially, fun. I think anyway you slice it, the book is a bit of a disappointment in that you really can't seem to use quite what you want to.
Of course, I will still be making a go of it! Bound to be something I can work with...

I heard the Ghazghull codex offers more potential for interesting lists. Who would've thought it? :roll:

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:08 pm

Don't forget though that according to the new rules, you are under no obligation to take troops. Yeah, they get that super-scoring rule, but they aren't a requirement. Similarly, if you do take units of boyz, you can double up your FOC easily enough, 1 HQ and 2 Troops gives you an FOC so just spam a bunch of grots and take 6 Elite slots.

On comparing the codex to other books, IG have had a strong troops selection for a while now. And Space Wolves have one of the best Troops options (Grey Hunters) from among the power armoured armies. But Wolves are getting a new book soon and the IG were basically a rehash and stupid name change of the old IG book.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”