Stuff painted in 2017 0

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: New Eldar

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Doh! :o
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Sun May 19, 2013 4:08 pm

The Great Big Thingy (tm) for the Eldar:

http://ttcombat.com/other/new-eldar-wraithknight/

Auxryn
Champion

Post by Auxryn » Sat May 25, 2013 3:12 pm

The GW website now has pre-orders up for the new eldar stuff. Personally I'm more interested in the contents of the codex than the new models.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat May 25, 2013 5:05 pm

Psst! Over here
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sat May 25, 2013 9:06 pm

Auxryn wrote:The GW website now has pre-orders up for the new eldar stuff. Personally I'm more interested in the contents of the codex than the new models.
I'm more interested in the squishable, crunchable, burnable, choppable contents of those pointy helmets than the new codex. Elf hate rising....
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

DarkElves>All
Warrior

Post by DarkElves>All » Fri May 31, 2013 8:38 pm

Wow. You know what they say about the size of a man's Knight Titan!

I actually dig the model to the point of temptation to buy.... :shock:
Druchii.net -- Mischief, Mayhem, Dark Elves

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:10 am

After looking at the new eldar codex finally, I really like the new models and yes, I do like the new wraithknight as well. I played the Eldar for many years as my only army before changing to Space Marines. My name is Khaine, yes, just like the wargod and this always makes me yearn to run an eldar army again. However, I still don't agree with the way GW is putting out their armies with these big giant models. I can understand they want another medium to add to all the army lists and to just make money, but they must not be thinking very much if this is all they can come up with. I have tons of ideas for new units for every army. Now even if I do start another army :roll: , and it's Eldar :roll: , I still don't agree that this new walker is just a monstrous creature. This thing is all vehicle in my eyes. I have the same gripe with the riptide. These things should be vehicles. That way they are much more susceptible to other big guns. If you're telling me a demolisher round wouldn't just open a giant hole in its chest as ordnance, you need to get back on your meds. now yeah, maybe it is just trying to even things up for everyone else against the tyranids and daemons coming at you with this exact tactica but hell, that is what made those armies unique in that way. Big scary monsters coming at you. Now, you just throw a big scary monster back at them in a gun line no less. Tau and Eldar just became the armies, that without trying, and if you have the models, will win. We did not see this with the book releases of chaos marines or dark angels. These armies just got some nice gear but otherwise, same armies. But here comes the new chaos big baddie as well. Spoke too soon. And I'm sure before too long, the Space Marines will get something akin to the Scibor giant walker dreadnought. it's just my two cents but I always enjoyed out thinking the other player with units, now it's gone to just a big shoot out with giants. If I'd wanted this, I'd have stuck with epic. This was why I didn't. I didn't enjoy my units just being wiped clean of the table in one blast. But the sun cannon does exactly that from all incoming reports. Again, my opinion, but I think no model over 200 points should be allowed in a normal game of 40k. Then I think you'd really start seeing people have to actually game more and power trip less.
The one, the only.

Putting foot to butt all over the universe.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:31 am

If there was a good reason to have a big robot thingy in an army then I'd be cool with it (I can see how it would be in keeping with the Tau way of war), but as PV says, GW seem to be trying to give one to everyone. He makes a very good point about nids, too. If I wanted big monsters I'd be playing nids. If i did play nids I'd be pissed that everybody else now had big monsters and my army was no longer special.

Same goes for giant war machines. If I wanted em, I'd play Apocalypse. I'm not playing apoc, so why the heck does my opponent have a 200+ point doom machine in his army?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:07 am

There are quite a few things that clock in at 200+, lots of HQ choices, Land Raiders, Storm Ravens, Leman Russ (with upgrades) etc. I don't think they inherently detract from the game, until they become so hard to kill that you have to dedicate way more than 200 points to have a chance of taking it down. E.g. you can one shot a Land Raider with a Lascannon, Dark Lance, Melta etc. A T8, W6 creature is incredibly tough by comparison. To a point, flyers fall into a similar category, without the right tools they are very hard to put down.

And Nids are still special, no other army gets screwed over for allies and emplaced weapons quite as much as they do. :(
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”