For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
ashmie
Wargod

Next up rumours: Tyranids

Post by ashmie » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:14 am

News just in from Barnstaple Slayers!

Larry Vela over at BOLS wrote:
40K RUMORS: Tyranids

Hold on a second - the Hivemind doesn't like Space Marines getting all the attention. Here is the latest on the bugs:

-Tyranids are after Space Marines
-Look for them before the end of the year

New Minis:

Tyranid Prime (finecast)

Harpy. Roughly size of the heldrake. Pretty much looks like the picture in prior codex.

Doom of Malantai (clamshell package)

Parasite of Mordrax (clamshell package)

Termagant sprues recut for more options (some chatter says Genestealers)

Mycetic Spore

New "Big Bug" kit (Because every army needs one!)

New Rules:

Pyrovore gains Torrent and a steep points reduction.

Hiveguard gain Skyfire
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

kojibear
Legend

Re: Next up rumours: Tyranids

Post by kojibear » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:01 pm

I am actually quite keen to see the bugs given a reboot. If I did another 40k army, bugs would probable be it. We all need a good bug fight! :D The game I had against Prim the other day was great. Even though I lost, it was like playing a through a horror movie :D Good times. Though to even consider the price GW would want to charge me and the sheer number of minis I would need for troops, would mean ebay or nothing.

Though do they need another big bug? They already have big bugs, just make them a bit tougher and meaner would be enough? The Trygon is still ace :D

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:01 pm

kojibear wrote:I am actually quite keen to see the bugs given a reboot. If I did another 40k army, bugs would probable be it. We all need a good bug fight! :D The game I had against Prim the other day was great. Even though I lost, it was like playing a through a horror movie :D Good times. Though to even consider the price GW would want to charge me and the sheer number of minis I would need for troops, would mean ebay or nothing.

Though do they need another big bug? They already have big bugs, just make them a bit tougher and meaner would be enough? The Trygon is still ace :D
You didn't lose, you got a draw mate.

Most of that list looks like assumptions based on what models are missing from the current book more than anything else.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Orks are in the mix, but Hastings, who in these days of GW blackout is the closest thing to a dead cert, has it as Nids. Apparently he hasn't commented for a while as he was disillusioned with GW last people heard. I'm just passing this on of course. It's all speculation at this stage.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:58 am

Primarch wrote: You didn't lose, you got a draw mate.
Right you are Prim! The Warp Spiders got line breaker! Totally forgot.

I do enjoy playing against bugs! :D So cinematic! Look forward to the next one mate :)

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”