New Space Marines

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
Auxryn
Champion

New Space Marines

Post by Auxryn » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:02 pm

I was at Yellow Sub tonight for D&D and I noticed the new Space Marine Codex was there ... in beautiful Japanese.

I decided to buy it anyway. Looks like Salamanders re-roll wounds and saves with flame weapons. Iron Hands get Feel No Pain (6) and their Characters and Vehicles get It Will Not Die. I'm still reading.

Anybody else have to book? Anything you want to ask?

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: New Space Marines

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:35 pm

Is there anything in there that a melta gun to the face won't sort out? And if so, does it come in squads?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:38 pm

me_in_japan wrote:Is there anything in there that a melta gun to the face won't sort out? And if so, does it come in squads?
Except the new Centurions and the Pew-pew Anti-Aircraft Rhinos, there is nothing really new in the book. It's a rather bland rehash of the last edition with points dropped on most stuff. :roll:
Centurions are 2 wounds and T5, so they wont die to a melta gun and come in squads.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:47 pm

That's ok - that's what plasma guns are for :D
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Auxryn
Champion

Post by Auxryn » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:30 am

A lot of the quotes and such seems to be the same, though it is interesting to read them in Japanese. Not a whole lot is changed. I did notice Honor Guard got a lot cheaper. Tacticals now work like Dark Angels.
I'm sure we'll find some interesting new stuff as we look. A lot of units got cheaper but weapons got more expensive, so some units have actually gotten worse.

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:12 am

I will be in the UK next week, so if anyone does want me to pick up a new codex or army book etc, let me know.
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

frans
Warrior

Post by frans » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:49 am

Primarch wrote:Except the new Centurions and the Pew-pew Anti-Aircraft Rhinos, there is nothing really new in the book. It's a rather bland rehash of the last edition with points dropped on most stuff. :roll:
Centurions are 2 wounds and T5, so they wont die to a melta gun and come in squads.
I am actually a big fan, they have added chapter tactics without special characters, ultramarines is not as vanilla anymore. Loving the new stearnguard and vanguards models.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:03 pm

frans wrote:
Primarch wrote:Except the new Centurions and the Pew-pew Anti-Aircraft Rhinos, there is nothing really new in the book. It's a rather bland rehash of the last edition with points dropped on most stuff. :roll:
I am actually a big fan, they have added chapter tactics without special characters, ultramarines is not as vanilla anymore. Loving the new stearnguard and vanguards models.
The new plastics do look very nice. The easier access to Chapter Tactics is ok I guess, but I will probably take Shrike or Kantor for my Raven Guard and Crimson Fists anyway.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Auxryn
Champion

Post by Auxryn » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:37 pm

The ability to pick your chapter as you like - as well as the ability to ally different chapters or even with the same chapter - is quite welcome.
It's also interesting that they said "if your chapter's primarch is unknown, just pick whichever strikes your fancy when making your list." Yeah, feel free to just power-game it.
This is relevant to me because I have been thinking that my Obsidian Spurs marines (led by the valiant Captain Charles) should be a Blood Ravens successor. The Blood Ravens' primarch is unknown, though rumored to be Magnus.
Unfortunately none of the chapter tactics available are really relevant to Blood Ravens and there aren't a lot of good psyker options. You could have 3 librarians by allying with yourself, but the codex doesn't allow Divination which is sad.

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:28 pm

Auxryn wrote:It's also interesting that they said "if your chapter's primarch is unknown, just pick whichever strikes your fancy when making your list." Yeah, feel free to just power-game it.
As opposed to what? The only other option is that unofficial Chapters, or those without a primogenitor listed don't get any Chapter Tactics at all.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”