Slowly and Purposefully Artillery

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
Auxryn
Champion

Slowly and Purposefully Artillery

Post by Auxryn » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:15 pm

Artillery models cannot fire if they moved in the movement phase. However, if I attach a Slow and Purposeful mega-armor boss to my kannons, they are allowed to count as stationary when shooting Heavy weapons.
So does that let them shoot?

It would be funny to attach a warboss so as to get T7 and 2+ armor save advancing up the board.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Slowly and Purposefully Artillery

Post by Primarch » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:36 pm

I can't see any rule that says you can't do it. It doesn't seem very Orky, but then again, I'm not an Ork player so maybe I have the wrong idea about how to go about krumpin' stuff.

I think a lot of the "If one model in the unit" special rules are open to some abuse and don't always make sense. It's hard to aim artillery if it ismoving, even if a Warboss is dragging it along. Likewise, 1 guy with a camo-cloak standing in a mob of guys isn't going to make them any more sneaky.

So well done, you've found a loophole in a game which already has too many. Have fun with it.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:07 pm

I don't think that's what Auxryn is getting at.

I'd say by RAW, I guess that's so. I'm not going to check it out, too much.

But, by my sensibility with the 40k universe, no. I think it is gamey and non-sensical.

On the other hand, you did something about converting that mega-nob ork in a convincing manner to legitimize it carrying around a cannon... maybe I'd rethink it all. :D
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:49 pm

Im with Job on this one. Technically it's ok. Practically it's a bit arsey. But...you're welcome to try and convince me by means of a funky conversion or similar. How does the warboss make it possible for that cannon to move and fire? Well....
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:06 am

Oh dear. You've plunked a 100 pt minimum close quarters killy HQ into a unit of of grots with the equivalent of 3 BS 3 missile launchers who now can dahDAHHH! Move and fire! Yeah, quaking in my boots. I'm pretty sure most any codex can cook up more shootiness for the points. The marching around the board with a bunch of T7 ablative grots sounds fun, but you can't run can you? Without transport a MegaNob will never see close combat. And if he does, he has grots backing him up.
Be a tough unit if you are careful with who takes the hits. 2+ save 3+ on the guns
Be a better unit than Flash Gits though. :lol: (Waiting for the Madmiral to jump in on that......)
Kannons are a bargain for the points and a nice place to drop your Shokk Attack Gun. Gives the Mek T7 against shooting, Kannons and the SAG have similar targets, and if (when) you blow yourself up, eh just a 100 pts of grots.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Auxryn
Champion

Post by Auxryn » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:36 am

One problem with the artillery assault is that if the unit gets assaulted it's majority T2, and if grots die you are likely to lose the combat by a landslide and get run down. Consequently I was thinking of putting Ghazghull in there because his Waaagh can make you Fearless at any time.
The other problem is that you cannot launch an assault until you leave the artillery, so you need to time when to leave the unit.
Of course, it seems unlikely that you would ever catch anything anyway.
It isn't a very good loophole, but it is funny.

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:00 pm

A big mek can take mega armour. So it just got cheap and do able. I may have a go with this.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:11 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:A big mek can take mega armour. So it just got cheap and do able. I may have a go with this.
Now to me, that makes a lot more sense than having a Warboss join the unit.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:30 pm

Primarch wrote:
Admiral-Badruck wrote:A big mek can take mega armour. So it just got cheap and do able. I may have a go with this.
Now to me, that makes a lot more sense than having a Warboss join the unit.
Only be burning 70 points to make those move and fire missle launchers, still not trembling in my boots. But the konversion! Wheels are spinning. or I should say treads are clanking...... Nah, never get around to it........
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:03 am

Or you could give the mek a SAG thereby rendering him a T7, 2+Sv shooter o doom, who also happens to have a bunch of grots with big guns who tag along with him...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”