Rainy Day idle chat topic: Favorite unit

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
YellowStreak
Legend

Re: Rainy Day idle chat topic: Favorite unit

Post by YellowStreak » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:16 am

Penitent Engines. Generally rubbish on the tabletop (and with terrifying brittle multi-part metal models), but what could be more gothic and grimdark than repentant religious zealots wired completely exposed onto the front of giant flamer and buzzsaw-equipped killing machines and flung headlong into the enemy? :lol:
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Auxryn
Champion

Post by Auxryn » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:21 pm

I really like great big robots fighting. This includes all the Tau battlesuits as well as all my orky walkers.
As for how the they play on the table, the battlesuits are generally decent, the ork walkers are generally pants. I give it my best anyway.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:11 pm

40k? Hmm, the unit I like best are probably my command with Sicarius. So far bloomin useless in the field but they look great marching out of the drop pod before the inevitable happens :lol:
Devestator squad or the scouts with sniper rifles are good.

Fantasy: Night Goblin Fanatics, easily. Or the Giant.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:36 pm

Oooh, actually, +1 for the Penitent Engine. Those things are pure Grimdark, and if somebody asks why 40k is awesome, all you have to do is show em one of those. (and i do think 40k is awesome. GW, not so much, but 40k's setting? hell yes, awesome)

Ash raises an interesting point: coolest fantasy unit.

Gobbo fanatics are a strong contender, but I always had lots of fun with my skaven warpfire throwers. Every game it was like: will they a) warpenflammenwerf the opponents, or will they b) set themselves on fire, run around randomly for a turn or two, and then explode massively right beside your stormvermin?

*nods sagely* You bet your ass they'll do both :twisted:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”