New 40k Player to Nagoya

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
40kScribe
Rookie

New 40k Player to Nagoya

Post by 40kScribe » Tue May 19, 2015 1:08 pm

Hello everyone,

I've recently moved to Nagoya and have been looking for the local Warhammer 40k scene. Where do you guys play? I've been to Yellow Submarine in Osu several times but no one was playing

By the way I have a YouTube channel if anyone is interested: YouTube.com/user/40kScribe
Check out my YouTube channel: 40kScribe!

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: New 40k Player to Nagoya

Post by job » Tue May 19, 2015 2:05 pm

You've come to the right place. We play every month at Joshin or Zengo. Check the events section. This month is the 31st at Joshin.

But as for timing, you just missed the big annual 40k event held during Golden Week, NagoyaHammer.

Welcome and hope to see you around.
Last edited by job on Tue May 19, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue May 19, 2015 2:49 pm

hi :)

first of all, welcome to Naghammer. Most folks are based around Nagoya, and the monthly game is held on the last sunday of the month in a place called Joshin Kids Land (near Osu kanon). As job mentioned, the yearly Nagoyahammer event has just passed, but that's no biggie. Folks meet pretty regularly and there's also a fair amount of privately organised games, I believe. I live a ways away in Mie prefecture, so I dont really frequent these events (but I do plan on doing so a bit more this year, but anyhoo...). Have a shufty around the forums, or maybe a nagoya-ite can provide a helpful linky to the relevant thread.

Point is, you shouldnt have much trouble finding yourself a game of 40k. Most folks here play it (although we all have our pet games, too). I'm of the pointy-eared persuasion, meself (Eldar, Dark Eldar, Eldar Corsairs, Harlequins. Um, and mono-nurgle CSM, just for giggles... :mrgreen: ) Until the end of the month rolls around, by all means make yourself at home on the forums and join in on any thread you fancy. The "what I did today" thread tends to be fairly active, although personally I aint been posting much recently due to Skyrim related issues :oops:

So, aye - hello and welcome :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

40kScribe
Rookie

Post by 40kScribe » Tue May 19, 2015 3:11 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome :) I left all my stuff back in Canada and I'm on a tight budget while in Japan -- do people play small games (Kill Team or 1000 points)?

By the way I also play Dark Eldar (Eldar allies) as well as Nurgle, although I also play Grey Knights and Necrons (irregularly)
Check out my YouTube channel: 40kScribe!

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Tue May 19, 2015 4:19 pm

40kScribe wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome :) I left all my stuff back in Canada and I'm on a tight budget while in Japan -- do people play small games (Kill Team or 1000 points)?

By the way I also play Dark Eldar (Eldar allies) as well as Nurgle, although I also play Grey Knights and Necrons (irregularly)
Nagoya Hammer was a 1500 point event. I think most players in our community like to go above or below that number. A lot of people enjoy 1k lists and others enjoy games up to 2k. There are a lot of team games, so people often pack 500, 750 and 1k lists. There are even a few Kill Team games out there.

Games are pretty casual. There isn't a tournament scene and good number of us prefer narrative gaming or casual pick up games. Personally, I play Nightlords and Black Legion and also some Dark Angel (Angels of the Lion Blade) on the side.

People are arranging games now for Joshin. If you want to get a game in, it is good to announce you are coming. After Nagoya Hammer there is a bit of a 40k hangover, but there are still gung ho 40k players.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Wed May 20, 2015 7:33 am

Welcome to Nagoya! (and nagoyahammer)
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed May 20, 2015 12:59 pm

Welcome 40k scribe! Great channel. Over 2000 subs! wow. Please teach me how to play 40k 7th ed sometime. :D Plenty of people have armies here so you should be fine.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”