A new edition is coming... New 40K discussion thread!

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: A new edition is coming... New 40K discussion thread!

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:11 pm

You passes up your chance to pledge your soul to the dark powers of Chaos, you takes your chances!

(Seriously, though, I think that daemon primarchs and knights and such are well in the realm of "things 40k was never really build to handle well".)
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:35 pm

Tbh I got Morty out of some vague sense of "been collecting death guard for years, would seem churlish not to get the primarch", rather than any opinion on his rules. I'm excited to paint the mini, although I'm already considering some changes (I think the face is kinda lost in there, so I want to draw more attention to it.)

Also, jus said his Girlyman wanted to throw down. So there's that, too :twisted:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

jus

Post by jus » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:54 pm

Oooh just you wait Boyle san! JUST YOU WAIT! The resurrected daemon primarch of the emperor Sanguinius reborn will KICK ASS!

But wow if that mortarion isn't gw's best kit so far. If you can't beat em....buy one youself?
I bet Agron is going to be blood thirster to the power of N levels of AAARGH for the AAARGH AAARGH! Can't wait to see the miniature though.
Lorgar will be interesting, I've a feeling they are going to make him the daemon summoner supreme.

Loyalist side though. I'd totally start a space wolves army of Russ comes back as a massive werewolf primarch who can transform into wulfen form at will. Like the hulk, but more wolf. Mmm Imagine the sales. With all the new traitor hotness going around, normal regular joe loyalist primarch's just seem a little... Unremarkable, so GW really ought to spice things up Hmm

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:23 am

Werewolf Russ would actually be pretty cool, potentially. It'd widdle all over the fluff, but still, the design potential is quite intriguing.

Also, what does daemon Lorgar look like? I'm not sure I've read his description anywhere.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:25 am

I don't know from the fluff, but presumably / hopefully Lorgar's design would draw heavily on the 30K Gal Vorbak.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:20 am

I'm just not sure what kind of daemonic shape ol' Lorgy got transmogrifiggered into. It's been part of the background since ages back that Angron was big, red and be-mecha-dredded, Fulgrim is snakey with multiple arms, Magnus is big, red and one-eyed (and since they developed the 30k stuff, egyptian), and Morty is gaunt, death-like and carries a scythe (and again, post 30k development, power-armour'd, which kinda spooges the whole "gaunt" thing, but hey, he's skinny as hell inside that muscle suit...)

Anyway: Lorgar. No mention thereof. Is he big and hairy? Bald? Covered in spikes? (Actually, he's probably covered in tattoos. That seems to be a Thing for the Word Bearers. Tattoos of Words.) Pre-heresy he was described as looking pretty much like a shiny golden perfect duder.

Anyhoo. Any ideas, let me know. My interest is piqued...

*edit* there's a bit here about him. I like the pulpit idea.
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/12/ ... -like.html

jus

Post by jus » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:03 am

Yeah they got him rocking the Galvatron horn crown according to horus heresy card game images. Don't think it's official GW but i wouldn't be surprised if they change it up a bit for a model release.

Also. I think there is a rumor floating around that loyalist primarch is going to return traitor, and a traitor primarch is going to retuen loyalist. Hmm quite salty to my tastes but i reckon Lion el is turning traitor and Omegon? will be the prodigal hmm

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:20 am

You guys sound like a bunch of school girls gushing about boy-bands with all this Primarch-melodrama chatter. (smile and eyeroll)
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:07 am

eh, you're just jealous cos orks dont get one :P

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:00 am

OK - proper rules question here. I'm unclear as to how I fit summoned daemons in my DG army. Here's a quick summary of the rules as I see them:

1. The DG codex contains entries for Plague Bearers, Nurglings, Plague Drones and Beasts of Nurgle. No greater Daemons or Heralds. They're Troops, Troops, FA and E respectively. No HQ.
2. None of the daemons have the Death Guard keyword (despite being in, y'know, the DG codex). So, if I put any of them into my DG detachment, I lose the DG special rules (Inexorable Advance, Plague Host)
3. Logic suggests I have to then put them in a separate detachment.
4. All viable detachments contain at least 1 HQ requirement. Daemons, as listed in codex DG, don't have any HQ.

So what do I do with Daemons? Do I just suck it down, put them in a DG detachment and lose out on the (very powerful) bonuses? Or do I not take daemons or what?

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”