New Imperial Knights

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
Primarch
Evil Overlord

New Imperial Knights

Post by Primarch » Mon May 28, 2018 10:09 pm

Looks like the new Knight variants are on their way very soon.
Pictures and Prices here if you haven't seen them.

That's looking to be a VERY expensive army. On the plus side, you only need five models for your entire force.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: New Imperial Knights

Post by The Other Dave » Mon May 28, 2018 10:29 pm

They are purdy, and part of me wants one of the big ones... And really, 100 GBP for a Castellan when the Warden / Crusader is already 95 almost looks reasonable. In a certain light.

At least that suggests that the Armigers will be relatively cheap, as the box name is plural, and two redemptor-sized models for the price of a land raider isn't terrible.

(Although it looks like Renegade will be a very good value too - two knights and a nice chunk of terrain for just a shade more than the cost of a single knight.)
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 17 infantry

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Tue May 29, 2018 12:22 am

While in Tokyo yesterday I was able to pick up a single Armiger for my Mechanicus army. Someday I'd like to add a full sized knight, but I don't think it'll be happening very soon. Anyway, I'm likely to get a heretic one.

I do like the new knight, although with its height and the number of guns...I dare say... it seems to be tipping ... almost...into a short titan...
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Tue May 29, 2018 11:13 pm

Very nice....
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed May 30, 2018 12:09 am

job wrote: I do like the new knight, although with its height and the number of guns...I dare say... it seems to be tipping ... almost...into a short titan...
"Short" titan? Yes! Tip it! TIP IT!
What fun I could have with a Gorka/Morkanaut and some of these bits........
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Wed May 30, 2018 2:04 am

I guess that's what all the drunk teenagers do in the 41st Millenium. Sneak into a Mechanicus titan yard and tip the titans!
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed May 30, 2018 4:00 am

job wrote:I guess that's what all the drunk teenagers do in the 41st Millenium. Sneak into a Mechanicus titan yard and tip the titans!
Only us folks from Warshington and Orygun get that probably. :mrgreen:
But seriously, I could really get into this big, stompy robot thing. It would be such a fun kitbash/SquatOrkification project. Will have to see how the new Titanticus game plays.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed May 30, 2018 10:22 am

Hmm. A confluence of figuring that three or four Armigers (depending on exactly how many points they end up being) will pretty cleanly round out my AdMech force to 1500 points, plus a June bonus coming in, may have just dictated my next big hobby purchase. :lol:
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:34 am

Pre-orders are up, as well as some leaks here and there.

At first I was miffed because apparently Super-Heavy detachments don't get the 3 CP if they don't have at least 3 non-Armiger Knights in them, and an all-Armiger detachment is exactly what I'm planning.

Then I was miffed that the Armiger box apparently isn't a dual-build kit, meaning the only way to get Warglaives is in Forgebane / from eBay (for now, anyway).

Then I heard that Helverins have two heavy 2d3 S7 autocannons each (and one of the Mechanicus houses lets you advance and count heavy weapons as assault weapons and ignore shooting penalties when you advance) and realized I don't need no stinkin' Warglaives, and I don't need no stinkin' CP.

So now my only worry is whether I want to splurge on two boxes of them right away. :D
-----

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:41 am

The Other Dave wrote:Pre-orders are up, as well as some leaks here and there.

At first I was miffed because apparently Super-Heavy detachments don't get the 3 CP if they don't have at least 3 non-Armiger Knights in them, and an all-Armiger detachment is exactly what I'm planning.

Then I was miffed that the Armiger box apparently isn't a dual-build kit, meaning the only way to get Warglaives is in Forgebane / from eBay (for now, anyway).

Then I heard that Helverins have two heavy 2d3 S7 autocannons each (and one of the Mechanicus houses lets you advance and count heavy weapons as assault weapons and ignore shooting penalties when you advance) and realized I don't need no stinkin' Warglaives, and I don't need no stinkin' CP.
So, you're saying that the only reason to buy them is because of their broken rules. What has happened to you? :cry:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”