Which Space Marine legion would you have thrived in?

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
YellowStreak
Legend

Re: Which Space Marine legion would you have thrived in?

Post by YellowStreak » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:09 pm

Primarch wrote:Honestly, I think Koji would be better suited to the 3rd legion than the 9th. I think he lacks the sheer unbridled blood lust of the latter and is far more of a perfectionist than he readily admits.
Similarly, I feel that YS's lust for life, strong ties to his friends and reserved nature about the details of his work and thinking make him a prime fit for the sons of the Great Khan. Plus he likes motorbikes.
Vroom Vroom! :lol: Works for me!
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:16 am

I don't know guys, I can be prrretty testy if someone tries to jump a queue. Probably wouldn't want to rip their jugular out though...prooobably. :D

Linking to that nicely painted Sons of Phoenix model on the other thread, I found this funny write up:

Girlyman: "'Sons of the Pheonix' you say?"
Chapter Master: "Yes Lord Guilliman, we are honored to be the newest chapter to join the Indomitus Crusade."
Girlyman: "Cawl."
Cawl: "Yes, lord Guilliman?"
Gil: "I thought we'd discussed this."
Cawl: "Discussed what, m'lord? My records show these fine upstanding astartes to be scions of your brother Rogal Dorn."
Gil: "They're a bit... foppish for Dorn's tastes."
ChapM: "Is it the feather boa? It's the boa isn't it? I knew I should have gone with the mink coat. First impressions are everything."
Cawl: "Well m'lord, the new chapters will determine their own personalities, of course."
Gil: steely stare
Attache: "Lord Guilliman, we've got reports of 6 more systems being swallowed by warp storms and the fleet admiral is asking when the last of the new chapters are going to be loaded aboard?"
Gil: "Dammit, fine! I don't have time for this bullshit. Get on the damned shuttle."
ChapM: "Oh, thank you Lord Guilliman, I assure you, our deployments will be FABULOUS!"
Gil: "That's what I'm afraid of."

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:02 am

@Kbear - :lol:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:24 am

I'm still kinda hoping Chaos get Primarus marines by way of Cawl having used traitor Primach geneseed and some of the new all-primarus chapters turning against the Imperium.

But then i was also hoping they'd keep the Imperium split in two and start having each 'side' develop differently.
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

jus

Post by jus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:56 am

This is FUN!

1. What has motivated you to the most anger and how do you deliver your wrath; is it a dish best served cold or piping hot? Betrayal! Revenge is a dish best served cold.

2. What qualities in an individual would earn your respect, faith and loyalty?
An individual who did his duty ( for the emperor)

3. How do you prefer to confront your enemies?
Theoretical : it depends on the enemy
Practical : it depends on the enemy

4. Upon completion of your training as a warrior, which weapon would you pick up from the armoury?
Gladius. Efficient for both slash and thrust. Very practical.

5. Do the ends justify the means? Where on the line would you place yourself?
You'd need to give me a theoretical.

6. If your personal acts of courage and heroics went unappreciated and unrecognised would you be disappointed, or is your own self-worth enough to satisfy your ego?
We MARCH FOR MACRAGGE! E.t.c

7. Is the principle role of a soldier to seek out threats or to defend against them?
Defend until system is self sufficient, then seek out threats

8. What do you imagine yourself doing when you are not engaged in war and/or training for it?
There is only war.

9. Which title would you bestow upon the humans assigned to crew your vessel, servant, bondsman, crewman, or other?
Legion/chapter serfs.

10. What is your most redeeming and most destructive trait - one each for physical and mental qualities?

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:20 am

Well, it looks like Jus is well and truly an Alpha Legionnaire. :lol:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:13 am

Primarch wrote:Well, it looks like Jus is well and truly an Alpha Legionnaire. :lol:
The Alpha Legion could be anyone, anywhere! 8-)

The adjunct bearing the sorting hat towards Justilius Ultramaus jumps in alarm as the sorting hat's cogitators begin to whirl frantically and the embedded speaker cries out in booming low gothic "He shall march for Macragge!" :D

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:41 am

kojibear wrote:
Primarch wrote:Well, it looks like Jus is well and truly an Alpha Legionnaire. :lol:
The adjunct bearing the sorting hat towards Justilius Ultramaus jumps in alarm as the sorting hat's cogitators begin to whirl frantically and the embedded speaker cries out in booming low gothic "He shall march for Macragge!" :D
It's a trick I tell you, the Alpha Legion must have tampered with the sorting hat to ensure their successful infiltration of their most despised enemy. :o
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

jus

Post by jus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:48 am

Code phrase: slytherin - hail hydra snakes alive
# Sleeper cell parameters comprised! Mission abort! Aargh!

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”