Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
Konrad
Wargod

Re: Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

Post by Konrad » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:12 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:38 pm
so, I took out my corsairs and set em up and pondered them for a bit this evening.

They're still cool. I'll keep em. Spev has kindly agreed to play a game of 1p40k in a couple weeks, so I plan on using them then and see how we go. Looking forward to it. Onwards and upwards, eh whatwhat :)

I suppose I'd best get that vyper, flyer and the melee chaps done, really...
This a a better way of looking at it. Find rules that fit the toys and they will never be obsolete.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:27 pm

Price increases incoming...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... cing-news/

... but strangely not for us. I guess they figure the Aus/NZ/Japan/China markets are already being gouged enough? :lol:

10% on all resin kits though? Ouch, as if FW wasn't insanely expensive anyway.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:55 am

I find it genuinely intriguing that they're not raising prices for japanzaus. Here is a solid gold opportunity to raise prices, where they could have tucked in a wee extra few percent, and yet... they chose not to.

This, more than anything they've ever done or said, makes me wonder if all the previous price increases/regional shaftings were maybe, actually...necessary? Or at least perhaps not quite as mercenary as I had believed.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:26 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:55 am
I find it genuinely intriguing that they're not raising prices for japanzaus. Here is a solid gold opportunity to raise prices, where they could have tucked in a wee extra few percent, and yet... they chose not to.

This, more than anything they've ever done or said, makes me wonder if all the previous price increases/regional shaftings were maybe, actually...necessary? Or at least perhaps not quite as mercenary as I had believed.
Or they realize there is no growth in those areas and they don't have enough of a following to risk the markets contracting.

But what is more likely is that their internal exchange rates are so far off the actual rates that they can soak any additional costs.

My money is on prices here being raised without an announcement at some point in the future.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:57 am

Primarch wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:26 am
Or they realize there is no growth in those areas and they don't have enough of a following to risk the markets contracting.
My (possibly dated) understanding is that this is probably a big part of a decision like this: I’d heard that GW’s international prices have nothing to do with exchange rates, and are instead based on what the local market can bear - so it may just be that their internal price calculus has caught up with the stagnant economy here and they’ve determined that raising costs would cut into sales enough that it’s not worth it.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:57 pm

I guess there's a big reveal dump coming up over the next weekend or so with Adepticon, but while we wait, here's the first reveal of an ash waste nomad for Necromunda:
I dig it - sort of Dune mashed up with Mad Max (in the sense that it seems be a jury-rigged postapocalyptic stillsuit they're wearing), which is when you think about it exactly right for the faction.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:15 am

I quite like this guy. He's got the right kinda cobbled together wasteland warrior kinda look. Is it a bit derivative of fremen/tusken/actual people who live in deserts? Sure, but that's fine. When you live in a sandy wasteland with little access to stuff, this is pretty much how you're gonna look. Gets the thumbs up from me. 👍
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:21 am

Very nice look.

Is that a banner pole on his back or jury-rigged shade tech?
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:55 pm

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... adepticon/

When even Warcomm says you've gone too far, you have a hell of a nerf coming your way :lol:

So we can expect a balance dataslate before next game day - next week as it happens. I don't think it will affect much for us - other than saving me from painting some Harlequins or buying more Vertus Praetors - since most of the armies likely to be in the crosshairs aren't getting played much in Nagoya right now. It'd be good to see some buffs for the lower tier armies too (the Necron ones last time were nice) but that's probably less important than making Harlequins, Custodes, Tau and Crusher more friendly.

It could also be just a Harlequin emergency fix and well, fair cop. The Warcomm article says "that's not all that's in the Balance Dataslate" but who knows, the clowns may have caught a bullet for Custodes and Tau.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:53 pm

This looks cool, the new 'Land Train' for Ash Wastes.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”