Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:09 pm

Yeah that thing looks great, and might serve as terrain in other games anyway. Hopefully Ash Wastes will have some cool missions based on it.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:58 pm

It looks amazing - take that ORKS!
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:16 am

Balloonacorn wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:58 pm
It looks amazing - take that ORKS!
Yoo meenz ta say "DA Orkz will take THAT!" :mrgreen: What a fun kit.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:05 pm

Looks like I found my second trukk model. :lol:

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:11 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:55 pm
It could also be just a Harlequin emergency fix and well, fair cop. The Warcomm article says "that's not all that's in the Balance Dataslate" but who knows, the clowns may have caught a bullet for Custodes and Tau.
I was wrong!

We got the expected nerfs to Harlequins, Custodes and Tau (though only points changes to the Harlequin boats - everything else is waiting for the general points adjustments).

But we also got buffs to everyone in power armour factions (Marines of all kinds and Sisters) - now treating AP as one less, to Sisters specifically (Miracle Die every round rather than every turn), and a lot of buffs to Imperial Guard.

Tyranids are untouched, so they are well positioned to make full use of their new codex for a while. There was some expectation the Crusher Stampede would be brought under control here but that may wait for the Tyranid FAQ if it happens at all.

Technically this is all Matched Play only but I suggest we should use it generally. I'll probably take 3 PL or so out of my Harlequins list to represent the points hikes to Voidweavers and Starweavers.
Last edited by Jye Nicolson on Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:29 pm

I will not say no to anything that further increases my durability as a Death Guard player.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:53 pm

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp- ... VgyfhC.pdf

This is the link by the way.

@Dave is Obsec to your terminators also new? It's a bit less important in casual play but still handy.

I didn't mention the other impactful thing - general nerfs to indirect fire and Bodyguard. The former now has -1 BS (so can stack with -1 to hit) and +1 to save against, the latter now just lets you use Look Out Sir regardless of the number of models. Those are both good for the game, though I *almost* feel sympathy for Josh's damned Hive Guard, and I don't know what to do to protect characters against Kelemorphs now.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:33 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:11 pm

But we also got buffs to everyone in power armour factions (Marines of all kinds and Sisters) - now treating AP as one less, to Sisters specifically (Miracle Die every round rather than every turn), and a lot of buffs to Imperial Guard.

Marines get new buffs. What a surprise. :roll: Back in my day power armor saved on a 4+ and Marines had a T3! Kids these days! :lol:
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:38 pm

Yeah, these are some interesting changes! Although I don't think it will affect us too much since nobody really abused any of these rules in the first place.

I thought the indirect fire changes were a bit heavy handed at first, but I kind of don't mind them now that I think about it. They still work as normal when firing directly, so I think it will just encourage people to treat them as a normal weapon with some added situational indirect utility. Although my poor squigbuggy is absurdly overpriced now. :cry:

As for the Guard buffs, it's nice! Auto wounding on 6s for any ranged attack might even make me break out the ol' punisher cannon. I don't think it'll make a big difference competetively since Guard's biggest problem by far is their complete inability to actually survive for a single turn on an objective - and all the free equipment in the world is not going to stop those infantry squads from being blown to pieces instantly. But still, it's nice to get something!

I also didn't really understand the Custodes changes, but I'm seeing a lot of players already complaining so I'm guessing it was quite harsh. :lol:

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:09 am

Mattb wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:38 pm
Yeah, these are some interesting changes! Although I don't think it will affect us too much since nobody really abused any of these rules in the first place.
I would like to abuse the rules but I just haven't figured out how. ;)
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”