Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
jus

Re: Let's have a 40K rumors and sneak peeks thread!

Post by jus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:19 am

So is anyone going to buy the box set?

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:53 am

I'm interested in the marines in principle, but the deep existential ennui I'm facing painting just 5 intercessors at the moment is telling me I need to take a nice long break before ever thinking about painting yellow and black again. :D
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:59 am

I’m interested in the Chaos models (in the box set), however, principly I’m interested in the daemon engine.
Last edited by job on Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:17 am

This should probably be on the trading page, but since you asked, I did buy the Shadow thingy boxset. I am ready to part with the Chaos models for cash, trade or offers to assemble the marine half. :)

jus

Post by jus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:46 pm

oooh I'm kinda interested in the chaos side too

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:29 am

The latest bunch of announcements from Adepticon have dropped:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... unleashed/

Forbidden Power for Age of Sigmar looks like another box of Endless Spells, yeah, sure, OK, also the fire slayer dwarf faction is getting a battletome.

The first pics of the skydwarf warband for Shadespire also dropped, and they look appropriately skydwarfy.

Yeah, I'll probably get 'em.

A bit more info about WarCry, the announced AoS skirmish game, including a preview video for one of the warbands, the Iron Golems, which is worth it for the voiceover alone. (Also that warband seems to get dwarves and ogres, which is interesting.) The big news, though, is that they'll have rules off the bat for 9 non-Chaos warbands, which look (from the icons) to be probably stormcast, orcs, undead, sea elves, night goblins, ghouls, witch elves and ogres. Maybe.

Also some plastic chaos beasts, including new Furies and these guys:

The not-being-strictly-limited-to-Chaos thing is a big positive for me.

Then they announced a new version of Apocalypse for 40K, which interests me not a whit.

For actual big news, though, Slaanesh is coming back, and the Keeper of Secrets looks pret-ty awesome:

I get a very "Xerxes from 300" vibe from it, which, when you think about it, is perfect for Slaanesh.

Plus some other daemons and endless spells and such. Just AoS at the moment, but if this doesn't presage some Slaanesh for 40K I'd be surprised.
-----

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:44 am

Hmmm.

The dwarves are ok, quite characterful compared to the run of the mill guys. I don't really care about the AoS spells or new Fyreslayers though.

The Iron Golems look cool I guess. The Fury looks ok, but I am not sold on the Deathbill Platychicken. It looks like it is in the process of tripping over something.

The Apocalypse release seems uninspired. "Behold! Movement Trays!!" The first edition saw plastic Baneblades, tank and infantry bundles and loads of cool stuff. Hopefully there is more to it.

As for the Slaanesh stuff, I like the smaller figures, but I'm not sure about the Keeper of Secrets. It's nicely sculpted but I expected something with just a hint more swoosh. Walking forward with decorum doesn't really say "Harbinger of the God of Excess" to me.
The mirror thing looks great though.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:35 am

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I'm probably the last guy to get excited by "let's play Epic, but using 28mm miniatures, on a 4-foot-deep table!" :lol:

Also unsurprisingly given GW's track record with picking the most flattering angles of their own miniatures, you can see a lot more dynamism on the KoS from other angles - you can see bits in the full video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... ofGU4ewrR8 - it's still fundamentally "striding forward," but it's a much more 3-dimensional pose than the front-on picture suggests. Generally, though, the read I get from the pose is a very strong "will casually decapitate you with the slightest flick of its wrist," which seems very Slaaneshy to me.
-----

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:57 pm

The KoS does look a bit better when viewed from other angles. I can see a lot of Golden Daemon entries based on that figure in the near future.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:51 am

Hmm...that bird / lizard chaos monster thing could fit in with my Exodites in some way perhaps.

I agree in part with Prim about the Slaanesh model. It is certainly a great sculpt, no doubt about that, but I don't know...it just feels like something is missing?

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”