Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:24 am

Konrad wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:33 pm
Marines get new buffs. What a surprise. :roll: Back in my day power armor saved on a 4+ and Marines had a T3! Kids these days! :lol:
It's weird if you lived through even late 8th/early 9th but in context they really needed them! It's been a bit less noticeable in Nagoya because few of us go hard on the newer stuff but there's a lot of marine killing guns and stabby bits floating around these days.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:31 am

Mattb wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:38 pm
I also didn't really understand the Custodes changes, but I'm seeing a lot of players already complaining so I'm guessing it was quite harsh. :lol:
Yeah after the nerfs I believe in a casual game it's possible for Custodes to lose one, maybe two units :lol:

Bikes no longer benefit from the key defensive strats, and the linchpin "turn off rerolls" Strat is now once per game. Since you'd quite likely use that in the opponent's shooting AND both fight phases every round that's a big change.

They also lost a lot of ObSec which will hurt them in tournaments.

They were so oppressive in casual play before though I think this is generally warranted. It might be too much in the competitive environment but their trophy shelf got real crowded real fast so hard to say if that's a big problem.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:08 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:24 am
Konrad wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:33 pm
Marines get new buffs. What a surprise. :roll: Back in my day power armor saved on a 4+ and Marines had a T3! Kids these days! :lol:
It's weird if you lived through even late 8th/early 9th but in context they really needed them! It's been a bit less noticeable in Nagoya because few of us go hard on the newer stuff but there's a lot of marine killing guns and stabby bits floating around these days.
I have no doubt the buffs are warranted. GW rules follow sort of a reverse law of thermodynamics, energy increases over time. Each new codes gives the faction a new bell and whistle or special little trick, just because the writers are human and excited and love this stuff and want to put their imaginative ideas out there as much to "hook" players I imagine. They can't possibly account for every "balance" issue given the volumes of material out there and the limited amount of play-testing you can do in a closed, secret design environment. And da-dah "Rules Inflation" Old as the game itself.

8th/early9th....wait...what edition is it now? 10th? 11th? 40K editions are coming out as fast as new i-phones!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:26 am

Late 9th. It should be mid 9th but they went from "great Codexes with two significant outliers that needed to be nerfed back into line, plus buffs for Necrons" to publishing like four busted books in a row back to back and aged the game very rapidly 😅.

The big difference this time is they seem to be slowly getting serious about actually using the internet to make fixes rather than wait a year for a points book or whatever. Must be confusing for newbies but better than sending someone's Start Collecting Space Marines directly into the Clownpocalypse.

As I said though less of a thing in Nagoya and I don't begrudge Josh his coming reign of terror. Tyranids painted up that nice deserve a few game days of devouring everything in sight.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:22 am

OK, I'm still not sold on the core design of the buggies, but this is Rad as Hell:
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:52 am

GW - 'We can't use the original Squat design space because Space Bikers are dumb.'

Also GW - 'Check out these awesome Space Bikers.'
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:34 am

Ive never really accepted the whole "space bikers are silly" reason for squatting the squats. Theres comfortably enough theme there to build in to a faction. They could easily just have made em space truckers/pirates/ragtag crew faction. But eh, I don't play em and wouldn't have done so even if they were bikers in spaaaaace.

That said, belt-fed missile launchers is really quite 40k. I approve.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:58 am

Releases in Japan continue to be...odd.

Still no Kill Team but it seems like we're almost caught up on 40K and AOS with the new Elves vs Ghosts box set and that beautiful Fronteris terrain I was eyeing off...but only the individual bits, not the combo box?

I saw the Tyranid codex and the big AOS terrain box go up briefly on a store site and disappear again so I assume that's next week...but that would imply no Kill Team or Underworlds next week either?

I can't really complain because my pile of potential, uh, has a *lot* of potential right now, and I have plenty of terrain to paint, but it's still an emotional rollercoaster every Saturday :lol:

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:21 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:58 am
Releases in Japan continue to be...odd.

Still no Kill Team but it seems like we're almost caught up on 40K and AOS with the new Elves vs Ghosts box set and that beautiful Fronteris terrain I was eyeing off...but only the individual bits, not the combo box?

I saw the Tyranid codex and the big AOS terrain box go up briefly on a store site and disappear again so I assume that's next week...but that would imply no Kill Team or Underworlds next week either?

I can't really complain because my pile of potential, uh, has a *lot* of potential right now, and I have plenty of terrain to paint, but it's still an emotional rollercoaster every Saturday :lol:
Yeah, I just ordered some different Chaos Marines because I couldn't wait for Nachmund to arrive. :lol:

So I'm quite happy to wait another month for it actually.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed May 04, 2022 10:34 pm

OK, it may be time for my Lord of Contation to undergo apotheosis:

Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”